What's new

Bar soap rabbit hole.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
My wife (and I as well) likes Verbena scented soaps, and she is vegan, so I got us Pre De Provence Verbena soap bars.
These are huge bars, 250 g each and it is a great soap with Shea butter.

i replied a couple of months ago and PdP milk soap still my favorite... however... I have a tub of Mike's Soap Works Rose, Patchouli, & Cedarwood and love the scent... so i bought the matching bar soap. Although it arrived the other day and smells great I haven't opened it yet .. but i am looking forward to it ...

Found a la Maison de Provence red Clay bar soap at Odd lots/bug lots here. 8.8 oz french milled soap, nearly unscented. It's slightly floral and disappears instantly. Good soap, for 2 bucks a bar.

Out of all the soaps ive tried...id say...nivea or dove (dont remember what one) Tried many brands and found them super drying or they made me itchy and didnt clean well
Enough etc..plus it makes your skin soft as..if i could find something even better than that well its be perfect

Most bar soaps like lever or irish spring or whatever dry my skin out. I can use Dove, Oil of Olay, and the Dollar store Yardley. I switch back and forth between oatmeal and lavender. Seems like maybe I got along ok with a kirks castile one time. I mainly stick to the yardleys. Because they work and I am cheap.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
When I was a kid, plain old Palmolive was the only soap you could get in the west of Ireland. It smells just like the shaving soap stick. It is still my fave soap, though I only get it infrequently.

I use homemade soap much of the time. That said, I have some favorites that I try to keep around:

Yardley Oatmeal
Yardley Lavender
Mysore Sandalwood
Palmolive (besides the fact that I like it, it was the soap my grandpa used to scrub up before dinner, so I have sentimental attachment to it)
Imperial Leather

Mitchell’s Wool Fat bar soap is amazing.

83FC77A9-E60A-4522-9CF3-A594EED3E510.jpeg

We used to make our own but got out of the habit. The wife buys the daily-driver soap and we've been using a lot of this lately, which is fine. It's a big a-- bar of soap, that's for sure.
Milking It.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Been using the Caswell-Massey for over a year now. Really don’t see a need to switch to anything else.

Current favourites:

Acqua di Parma

La Licorne
- Savon de Marseille

Rampal Latour - Savon de Marseille, Rose de Grasse, Thé Vert, Savon surgras douceur

Maître Augustin - Savon Doux Exfoliant (Citron, Thym)

L'Occitane - Cap Cedrat, Eav des Bavx

Klar's - Lavendel Manufactum ed., Soleseife

Droyt’s - eau-de-cologne, Unperfumed

Mysore Sandal - Export Quality

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Just got done with my first Barrister and Mann soap. I've used Ogallala Bay Rum which I liked. Right now I'm using Dr. Jon's Flowers in the Dark. Looking forward to Zingari Man The Mariner. Have a few waiting in the wings.

My regular bath and shampoo soap is neev natural. All scented with EO and just awesome performance!

(Doesn't help you guys much as this is only available here in India)

Other soaps I have which my sister in law brought back for me from her trips...
- pure olive oil soaps, from Greece
- nesti dante and one other brand I can't recall, from Italy

I also have and love Speick and MWF bath soaps.

Doesnt matter what i use really..i have eczema and it dries me out..then in turn dries my eczema out..then it gets itchy...then you get the dirft lols..on my head and face >_>

Out of all the soaps ive tried...id say...nivea or dove (dont remember what one) Tried many brands and found them super drying or they made me itchy and didnt clean well
Enough etc..plus it makes your skin soft as..if i could find something even better than that well its be perfect
Nivea and Dove do not manufacture soaps...

Around here, I think like me and one other person don't make soap. I usually judge a soap by its ability to shave with it. So far, that would be Yardley, Duke Cannon and Dr Bronner. Right now, I am using a soap made "up Wolf Creek" by a friend of my wife. When they get small, they move to the sinks for It-that-must-not-be-named time hand-washing.

Top Bottom