What's new

Balms

I like a little after shave balm for comfort purposes. The blams I have used are AOS Sandalwood, SCS Bay RUm, and SCS Bay Rum. Does anyone have any more floral or citrus scented balms that they would recommend?

MJB

MJB said:
I like a little after shave balm for comfort purposes. The blams I have used are AOS Sandalwood, SCS Bay RUm, and SCS Bay Rum. Does anyone have any more floral or citrus scented balms that they would recommend?

MJB

Baxters has a nice lemon-y scent and T&H Utimate Comfort seems to have a little bit of a lavender-esque scent (I think it is a lavender scent, but I'm not certain - perhaps somebody with a more highly calibrated sniffer can let us know for certain).

The T&H Ultimate Comfort balm is indeed scented lightly with lavender EO. I would also recommend the Castle Forbes balm highly. It is very expensive but like many a high end product in this category a little will go a long way. It is almost immediately absorbed into the skin when applied and is very light. There are two scents - lavender EO and lime EO, both are fantastic.

Chris

rtaylor61 said:
Proraso A/S Balm ain't bad.

Randy

No, it is great stuff... I like both the "milky" and the pre/post (used only as a post and "cut" with some WH - usually Thayers lemon)... Only one probelm with the Proraso here, it doesn't have the floral or citrus scents that MJB is looking for.

NMMB said:
No, it is great stuff... I like both the "milky" and the pre/post (used only as a post and "cut" with some WH - usually Thayers lemon)... Only one probelm with the Proraso here, it doesn't have the floral or citrus scents that MJB is looking for.

Maybe if I paid better attention next time. I promise, I did graduate high school!:lol:

Randy

How about Trumper? their Coral Skin Food is rose scented ant their Limes Skin Food is self explanatory. They might not be balms in the strict term but sure do leave your skin feeling good after a shave.

Jonnybc said:
How about Trumper? their Coral Skin Food is rose scented ant their Limes Skin Food is self explanatory. They might not be balms in the strict term but sure do leave your skin feeling good after a shave.

Coral Skin Food is more of a sealant. Nevertheless, I suppose you could use it as a balm.

Scotto said:
Harris aftershave milk = Rose. Haven't tried the new formulation, but the old stuff is fantastic.

To me Harris Milk is more of a powdery scent. Harris Pink is truly a rose scent.

WIthout a doubt a true creamy balm with a lovely orange+ scent can be found in the Floris JF range. Good stuff!:tongue_sm

guenron said:
WIthout a doubt a true creamy balm with a lovely orange+ scent can be found in the Floris JF range. Good stuff!:tongue_sm

I really like the JF balm also. I was lucky enough to pick some up when Floris was having there big sale. This balm will go really well with JF but it also matches nicely with Creed's Green Irish Tweed.

Craig

Top Bottom