What's new

Balm with solid little round particles, normal?

Hello All- recently both of the mentholated aftershave balms, from two separate companies, I purchased (from a reputable forum favorite online shop), have little round chunks throughout the balm. Just find it curious, the online shop checked their stock and found others like this, considering it normal I guess.

Has anyone else had this experience? Is it the menthol that doesn’t fully sort of incorporate into the balm? Just kind of wondering why the balm is not smooth.

Thanks ahead for any feedback provided.

One of the ingredients has probably crystalized. You can mix with a bit of water or witch hazel between the palms of your hands and it may dissolve the crystals.

One of the ingredients has probably crystalized. You can mix with a bit of water or witch hazel between the palms of your hands and it may dissolve the crystals.

good point. This does seem to work. The online shop said other containers had these particles to indicate it is probably normal. They made sure with me there was no foul odor indicating a different problem. Thanks for the response!

I've noticed that before, After rubbing into my face, they are gone.

great insight. After determining there was no foul odor, I used some of mine with similar results

@Noodles, I like your avatar! Sweet guitar. There are a few songs I like to play. After moving recently still trying to make more time to play music. Cheers.

great insight. After determining there was no foul odor, I used some of mine with similar results

@Noodles, I like your avatar! Sweet guitar. There are a few songs I like to play. After moving recently still trying to make more time to play music. Cheers.

That’s my “baby” OM. Sounds amazing, about the size of an electric. I wish that was my patio, but it is the previous owners place in SD.

Not sure if your balm has allantoin, but I’ve heard that can be flaky. Not sure, though…

Top Bottom