What's new

Balm to go with Floïd’s

Gents,

I would like your view and inputs on something. I recently added Floïd to my aftershaves. Wonderful scent, subdued and good for my skin.

I got feedback from the mrs that she did not like the scent yesterday and backtracking to my routine it was because I used Proraso Green aftershave balm after applying Floïd’s.

So my question to you is, what is a good combo of balm and Floïd? I thought of going unscented but I think there are better options, so might as well ask the almighty B&B community.

Thank you in advance for your time and reply!

Cheers,

Guido

I'm a big Floid lover - all flavours.

I find that all of the Nivea Balms work well, as they are not quite scentless, but pretty close.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have not used it myself but don't Floid make a balm?
20220716_122416.jpg

I have not used it myself but don't Floid make a balm?
That’s right! But I am having a hard time distinguishing between this and the Floïd’s I have - I get the feeling that there are two variants. Made in Spain and made in Italy, but I might be totally wrong.

Need to do some research if I can find it though. The river website does not carry it at the moment.

Thanks for reminding me!

Guido

The Floid balm smells like the Floïd Black aftershave. It has quite a strong smell which won't match the classic Floïd aftershaves. This one is probably also discontinued just like the other Floïd aftershaves except for the Floïd Genuine 1932 aftershave. (This is a guess. The aftershaves are not in stock almost everywhere or they are replaced by the Floïd Genuine 1932 aftershave.)

A very good balm with almost no scent is Clinique for Men Post-Shave Soother. It combines well with any aftershave.
I read about it years back and it had a bit of a feminine vibe to it, so I didn't bought it right away. A few months later it was on sale somewhere, so I tried it. It was a pleasant surprise, because it is a very healing balm. The balm absorbs well and is not sticky at all. Also the scent is very natural and almost non-existent.

If you combine your aftershave splash with the Clinque balm you will only smell your splash.

The Floid balm smells like the Floïd Black aftershave. It has quite a strong smell which won't match the classic Floïd aftershaves. This one is probably also discontinued just like the other Floïd aftershaves except for the Floïd Genuine 1932 aftershave. (This is a guess. The aftershaves are not in stock almost everywhere or they are replaced by the Floïd Genuine 1932 aftershave.)

A very good balm with almost no scent is Clinique for Men Post-Shave Soother. It combines well with any aftershave.
I read about it years back and it had a bit of a feminine vibe to it, so I didn't bought it right away. A few months later it was on sale somewhere, so I tried it. It was a pleasant surprise, because it is a very healing balm. The balm absorbs well and is not sticky at all. Also the scent is very natural and almost non-existent.

If you combine your aftershave splash with the Clinque balm you will only smell your splash.
Thanks John, much appreciated.

Guido

Gents,

I would like your view and inputs on something. I recently added Floïd to my aftershaves. Wonderful scent, subdued and good for my skin.

I got feedback from the mrs that she did not like the scent yesterday and backtracking to my routine it was because I used Proraso Green aftershave balm after applying Floïd’s.

So my question to you is, what is a good combo of balm and Floïd? I thought of going unscented but I think there are better options, so might as well ask the almighty B&B community.

Thank you in advance for your time and reply!

Cheers,

Guido

Sir Guido! Tell us which specific Floid you have!!

If it's good for your skin, what do you need a balm for?
Fair question. I think balm adds approval soothing and moisture to my skin. I use my favourite Proraso Green also in AS and balm together.

And I have used Floïd without balm successfully as well. I was just wondering. Because Proraso Balm and Floïd’s do not mix for me.

Guido

If you need more moisture maybe just use a lightly scented or non-scented moisturiser? Unless you use one of those American pseudo-aftershaves there is really no point in using one post-shave product on top of the other.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The British do make one of the finest balms I've ever used, Sir. It's almost unscented and VERY moisturizing.

20210917_093750.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Proraso 'blue' balm and Floid Amber or Vigoroso together create a delightful scent that is much better than either product on its own.

Proraso 'blue' balm and Floid Amber or Vigoroso together create a delightful scent that is much better than either product on its own.
Thanks Owen. I love Proraso. Green somehow did not match for me. I just have to try blue!

Cheers,

Guido

Top Bottom