What's new

Balm guys … What are your favorites?

SCS Oakmoss & Lavender
and
La Toja Manantiales
$latojamanantialesasb.jpg

I use Swiss Army ASB. Was a gift, and it works well. Doesn't moisturize as much as soothe.
If I need moisturizing, I use a good moisturizing or replenishing lotion or cream. Currently St. Ives, but any good one will work. And the bottle is huge for the same or less than the price of any of the lotions labeled "after shave balm". YMMV.
I don't use a balm or lotion every time I shave. If I feel any irritation, or if I need moisturizing(oily skin, so not too often), or with the Swiss Army balm, sometimes I just want the fragrance, which I'll follow with Swiss Army EDT.
I mostly just use an alcohol based AS post shave, which is what I've done for the most part for 37 years. Until I found these forums I didn't even know what an ASB was.

Last edited:
I just finished using a new (to me) balm ... WSO (Wet Shave Obsession). I really like the scent and it is very good at soothing and healing the skin. Not greasy. Little pearl goes a long ways.

Winter or Summer my 2 favs are 1.] Aramis moisturizing Balm and 2.] St Charles Sandalwood Balm. St Charles line has many different varieties of Balms and I find their Aspect Milk very nice as well.[/B]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a brand new bottle of Castle Forbes 1445 and this easily tops my balm list. I'm really partial to splashes but this stuff is nice.

I use Synergy Coconut Bay lotion a couple times a week if I need some added moisture. Great stuff that I haven't seen mentioned, just ordered the same in Vetiver today.... we'll see.

Top Bottom