What's new

Balm guys … What are your favorites?

Crabtree and Evelyn Nomad ASB is my holy grail. The scent is astounding and it moisturizers like all get out. Yeah...it's expensive, but a little goes a long way and a bottle lasts forever!

Veleiro balsamo is a great choice that has awesome cooling and moisturizing properties and at a much better price point.

This is really good stuff!

$uploadfromtaptalk1399964369657.jpg

Does not leave your skin oily, but is very nourishing, and almost unscented. So you can easily combine it with your favorite cologne.

Razorock Aftershave Wax is definitely worth a try. It leaves my skin feeling great, a little goes a long way, it's not greasy and has a light pine scent that fades quickly so as not to conflict with cologne.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Baume.be - I would say this is one of the best balms out there!
Weleda
Nivea (to which I add a few menthol crystals, great in the summer)
Floris balms
Saint Charles Shave, Bulg. Lavender

I've only used L'Occitane Cade. My first tube came free but I liked it well enough to replace it once it was empty.

One that flies under the radar, it seems, is the Real Shaving Co. balm. Inexpensive, locally available if you have a Rite Aid, and a little goes a very long way. Very soothing. If you like the Nivea you might like this, too.

Of course I use the Nivea, too, as well as the Proraso white.

Looking forward to the Stirling balm if they decide to make it in a scent I like. Includes witch hazel, so maybe I can skip a step.

In order of general preference (varies with season and mood though):
$ Ulta Soothe Citrus Clean (very nice. discontinued I believe - running out but can't find it anywhere anymore)
$ Razo Rock XXX AS milk is very nice and non-greasy (XX as well, I prefer the XXX scent though) and complement their respective splashes
$$ Woody's Shave Relief Balm (light menthol with a GREAT tea smell, although it's not on the ingredients list)
$$ TOBS Jermyn Street is soothing with a good scent and not greasy (I heard from TOBS that they're reformulating it though)
$ Crew Post-Shave Cooling Balm (peppermint with some menthol - nice summer mix)
$$$ T&H Grafton ASB moisturizes (overly so for me in the summer anyway) but the scent is fantastic
$$ TOBS Mr. Taylor's ASB (gel - not really a moisturizer, interesting scent)
$$ TOBS Sandalwood ASB (gel - not really a moisturizer, not much for sandalwood, but its ok)
$$ Burberry Brit ASB (moisturizes so more for winter, scent is great thought)
$$$ Dolce and Gabbana The One ASB (glad I didn't pay for this one - really heavy scent and overly moisturizing)
$ Pacific Shave Company caffeinated ASB (ok, moisturizes, goes on a bit greasy but dries without stickiness)

Last edited:
Top Bottom