What's new

Balm guys … What are your favorites?

Proraso Blue. Bought it when I first started DE. Shaving for 20+, never used aftershave. Now I have many. Proraso still leads the pack though.

Out of all the balms I have tried I still keep going back to the Nivea sensitive ASB.

It just feels soooooo NICE....

proxy.php

Like most of you, Nivea sensitive is my go to balm when needed. I've also been satisfied with both Dove Men's and Neutrogena.

However, I recently received a tester of aftershave balm from Rod at Stirling Soaps. I thought it was superior to those that I've tried. I won't rave too much about it because this thread would then be relegated to the Stirling Syndicate, but suffice it to say that it would be worthwhile to get a sample when/if they release it.

I have used Nivea Sensitive nearly every day since I started using a DE. It doesn't clash with any aftershave or colognes.

Lately, though, I've been trying a bunch of the Avon balms. Great stuff and they are currently on sale for 50% off. ($2.25/tube)

Nivea Sensitive
Proraso White (the bottle/cap design needs an upgrade)
Weleda balm (for very dry skin or for winter months)

Pre de Provence. Mmmm, shea butter... a little runny though, maybe.

The AoS line is great. I don't find that lemon scent all that great though.

I've heard that Weleda is pretty amazing, which it should be for the price tag, but have yet to try it myself.

The Nivea balm could be the be-all-end-all when price is weighted into the equation....or even, without..

Avon balm is really nice, especially for the price. I really get great results with both the Wild Country and Musk Marine varieties. I think Avon aftershave balm is vastly underrated.

I really like the Every Man Jack post shave lotion. Not greasy, VERY light mint scent that doesn't conflict with cologne or a splash, and absorbs quickly. I'll use it by itself or after letting a menthol splash like AV Ice Blue or Barbasol Pacific Rush dry. It really intensifies the menthol of the splash and locks it in.

Of course, the Nivea products are good as well.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I see that Nivea ASB gets lots of attention in this forum. Still trying to figure out what's all the hype about? It is really that good? Soothing, healing? How would you compare it with other, say Proraso? I remember myself, back in the days, shaving with cartridges and using Nivea canned goo and ASB, and.. Not the sweetest memories, let's just say. But maybe it's just because of cartridges? Seems that i now have allergy to the scents of Nivea shaving products, because of that past experience. :001_unsur

Last edited:
Top Bottom