What's new

Balm aggravates shaving bumps ??

I don't usually get rashes or shaving bumps now that I've found soaps which suit me, and have enjoyed using balm after my shave. For some unknown reason, I did get a few bumps but skin now normal. I noticed that balm, even that for sensitive skin seemed to activate the bad skin, even a bit of aloe Vera gel did this. Wonder if balm really is a desirable product? Today no balm and skin feels just as soft and refreshed. Are shavers vulnerable to marketing by companies?!!

I don't usually get rashes or shaving bumps now that I've found soaps which suit me, and have enjoyed using balm after my shave. For some unknown reason, I did get a few bumps but skin now normal. I noticed that balm, even that for sensitive skin seemed to activate the bad skin, even a bit of aloe Vera gel did this. Wonder if balm really is a desirable product? Today no balm and skin feels just as soft and refreshed. Are shavers vulnerable to marketing by companies?!!
Bumps, pimples and inflamed areas actually heal faster with drying balms, acids or serums.

Salicylic acid and azelaic acid are quick examples.

Azelaic acid is anti inflammatory, can renew skin cells, is used a lot for rosacea and so on… I use it daily for its benefits.

In this case, highly hydrating oily products can in fact not be the best solution.

I've found that I can't use any balm or lotion right after shaving without getting some irritation, whether bumps or redness or swelling or milder effects like slight itching. Some alcohol-free splashes do the same to my skin.
If the shave wasn't terrible and I used an alcohol splash afterward (or nothing), I can put on a balm a couple hours later and have it feel OK.

Top Bottom