What's new

Ballast Point fire sale

Probably not really the right phrase, but it was pretty interesting to hear that Constellation was selling off Ballast Point to a small brewing operation for a fraction of the $1billion they paid for it. I had originally read that the sales price was something crazy like $17million, but this article is saying its something more like $75-200m.

Here's hoping that the BP brand recovers well, it seems like they lost a lot of good people when Constellation started cutting back on a lot of the employee features/perks that were in place.

Wow that is quite the story, thanks for sharing! I pick up their beers periodically at the distributor in Pennsylvania. It was on the shortlist of places to visit on my next trip to the west coast.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm still flabbergasted about that billion dollar sale (in two parts, no less). Talk about buying a wish.

Wow that is quite the story, thanks for sharing! I pick up their beers periodically at the distributor in Pennsylvania. It was on the shortlist of places to visit on my next trip to the west coast.
Well luckily for you there's a handful of brewpubs now so you'll have options depending on where you're staying! I still think the OG one in San Diego is the best.

I'm still flabbergasted about that billion dollar sale (in two parts, no less). Talk about buying a wish.
I know, just shocking. I was just as surprised when I heard that InBev was buying out Golden Road, which isn't as popular as Ballast Point but is local to me. I just never really though that highly of their beer, at least the Ballast Point stuff I liked...

Top Bottom