What's new

Ball Tech

I found this at a market today and it had to come home with me. It is dated F-4 which is 1935, right? I didn’t think the Ball Tech was introduced until 1939, so I’m not sure what i have.

The cap is a little rough? So I don’t know whether I can polish it without hurting the engraved trade mark...can I?

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're still making Techs now. Just not in this country and not calling them Techs. ;-)

Seriously, the Techs in this country went on for another 10 years after yours. There was even a later model that covered the blade ends more and was chiseled outward like the RR Teck II.

They're still making Techs now. Just not in this country and not calling them Techs. ;-)

Seriously, the Techs in this country went on for another 10 years after yours. There was even a later model that covered the blade ends more and was chiseled outward like the RR Teck II.

I guess I just never knew anyone who used one. My family was all TTO.

Wonderful razor. I have one just like it. It's my favorite vintage DE. It should clean up well.

Techs are awesome razors. Out of all my various ones I use my Techs the most. So user friendly, good with a sharp blade. Very underrated.

Although well regarded as a forgiving de razor for an inexperienced shaver, they are definitely underrated for an experienced shaver. Try a feather blade and with correct 3 pass beard reduction technique you can get an extremely close shave with no irritation.

Wow. I bought it because I didn’t have one and like trying different razors. I didn’t realize how well loved it is. I knew it was liked.

I just ordered another one off ebay, a 1965 version. It's supposed to be new so we'll see. If it's anything like the picture I'll be very happy!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Although well regarded as a forgiving de razor for an inexperienced shaver, they are definitely underrated for an experienced shaver. Try a feather blade and with correct 3 pass beard reduction technique you can get an extremely close shave with no irritation.
Love my 1962 h2. Use it nearly exclusively.

I have a postwar fat handle gold-finish Tech I received in a PIF, and it's definitely deserving of the replate treatment. It worked beautifully with a Feather blade, and almost as well (from the point of view of getting a super-close shave) with a Gillette Silver Blue in it.

I have a 1953 that is my everyday shaver. I love it. I started a couple of months ago with a superspeed but after getting the tech the ss gets very little use.

Top Bottom