What's new

Balea Sensitive Shaving Cream Review

I have tried the Balea cream. I know it is supposed to be a very basic product, but I think they could do a little bit better. The unpleasant smell is the least concern. It is lacking in cushion and in slickness. Not recommended.
The Balea aftershave is decent though.

Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada) used to import the full line of Balea products from Germany. The regular prices were very low and the sale prices were practically give-aways. On one of those sales, I picked up a can of the shave gel for $1.99. (This was before I discovered B&B. I figured one soap was as good as another back then.)

However, I only got to try it once before Shoppers sent an e-mail saying that the canned shave gels were recalled due to "excessive pressure" and that they should be returned to the store. They knew that I had bought it because I opted for e-mail receipts. The recall notice is still up at: Shoppers Drug Mart Withdraws Specific Lot Codes of Balea Shave Gels

When I brought it to the cashier, she called a guy from the back who placed the can in a big lidded trash cart. I must have had a puzzled expression on my face because the guy looked at me and said "It could have blown up in your face."

Okay. :blink:

As for the shave gel itself, I don't remember much about it other than it left my skin feeling dry. The scent was slightly medicine-y, but not objectionable. I guess the only good thing about it was that it was super-cheap.

I needed a fast shave today and I reached for Balea for a brushless shave. After applying the cream, I grabbed a brush. It’d only take a couple more seconds to face lather. Unfortunately, I think it performs better than Estoril from Portugal, which I have been using daily.

One of my favorites, cheap and great cream for daily shaving. Love the scent too (along with matched aftershave balm) :)

Today I have shaved with Balea cream, for the fourth or fifth time.

I bought it in a DM store in Vienna, DM is from Germany and has stores in several countries.

A correct cream, without more. A good shave and a correct closeness and sensation on the skin after shaving.

But it has 2 flaws that I don't like:

1 - I need an amount like 3x or 4x compared to other creams.

2 - It seems that it causes me to lose several hairs of the brush. My brush is an Omega bristle brush that is only 3 months old and it seems that shaving with Balea makes it lose bristles.

Balea is very good, I have tried shower gel and shampoo, boar and synthetic brushes, Q10 face cream, and face wash, as far as I have noticed it's quite similar to Nivea, only difference is the price that is 3 times less

I'm currently using a tube of this with a brush for my shower shaves.

Comparing it to Nivea, Palmolive, or Proraso creams, I find:
  1. It's a little less slick but not bad.
  2. I need to use a bit more of it for the same amount of lather, but not a huge amount.
  3. It's very lightly scented.
  4. The post-shave feel is good, probably due to the aloe and glycerine.
At its current price, about 1 Euro, it's a winner. I'd probably be willing to pay the slight increase in cost for Nivea or Palmolive, but if I ran out while traveling and a DM was right next door to my hotel, I wouldn't bother to look any further. I'd buy it without hesitation.

if i remember correctly balea smells synthetic greenery plant
nice scent
mediocre cream but not one i would say it is unusable

Top Bottom