What's new

Baily Tech Clone DE Razor

I won this in a PIF. I promised Les @gvw755 I would do a review. I will first review the enclosed Baily razor blade. 1st shave was smooth & did a fine job. The second shave did OK but, left more stubble. The 3rd shave was with a used Personna with X6 shaves on it. The Personna blade did a superior job even with 6 shaves on it. I would say the Baily blade is an average blade IMO. The Baily razor came in an nice sturdy plastic case with a mirror on the inside. The finish was OK but, not Merkur Quality. The blade gap was even on both sides which surprised me. Its a very mild razor & shaves as good as my Gillette Tech razor. The handle is similar to the Star razor & provides a firm grip with a wet hand. I would recommend this razor to someone starting out. If someone could post a picture that would be nice. I checked for pics on the net but, could not find any. Thank You again Les for a nice Razor.!

Is it this one?
proxy.php

then there's the one Italian Barber sells as Razorock DE1

proxy.php

There are other models of Baili "techs" in different finish and sporting different handles but they all share the same head.

Is it this one?
Is it this one?
proxy.php

proxy.php

There are other models of Baili "techs" in different finish and sporting different handles but they all share the same head.

proxy.php

It's this one, Baili BT173. Earlier model from RR DE1 but done in rose gold since I was too cheap to get one of my razors replated.

100168-1.jpg

Its a great razor for those that do not want to buy a used Gillette Tech. They both shave the same IMO. Both are about mild as it gets.!

This is their official shop. Be prepared to wait a month or more for delivery.
BAILI Official Store - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Ops...same link :07:

Just wanted to let you guys know, if anyone is looking to buy a Baili, lucky_star104 is a top notch seller on eBay. His name is Jason. I bought one a while back and just happened to buy from him. Customs was taking a long time and tracking dropped off for a while. Before the worst-case expected date to receive it had hit, he was offering to send another razor to replace it.

I thought that was generous. IME ebay sellers will try to push you out as far as they can before they admit a package may be lost. I.e. "let me know if you don't have in a couple weeks." I wasn't in a rush for it, so I just figured I'd let it play out and hit him up when the far end of the time frame had passed. It arrived before that.

But the reason he even knew it hadn't come was because he proactively emailed to ask if I'd received it. Like I said, I wasn't in a rush to receive it. But he was invested in making sure I had a positive experience buying from him.

So I received the razor and left my positive feedback, he left his for me, and I figured that's that, right? Who follows up with a buyer after they leave feedback? That's the carrot every seller is running after; once they get it, there's no reason to ever contact the customer again. Not so with Jason. He just emailed me this morning to ask how things are going and make sure I'm satisfied with the purchase.

That impressed me. I don't know how many customers he has, but being a Chinese vendor, I'm guessing it's not just a handful. To keep track of current customers and still carve out time to follow up on old business says something about his drive to be customer-centered.

I can't leave him any additional feedback on ebay, but want to reward a good seller, so figured I'd throw this up here for anyone looking to buy a Baili. I haven't looked at his store to see what else he sells, but I know he sells these.

Thanks for the info.! My Baili Razor shaves really good & its well made. Youtube has a video on the state of the art Baily factory. Their Q.C. is excellent compared to some other Chinese razors I have.

I bought mine from here: Aliexpress.com : Buy Classic Double Edge Safety Razor T Shape Men's Shaver Long Handle Barber Shaving Shaver Stainless Chrome plated + Mirror Case from Reliable double edge safety razor suppliers on Fairy Tale123 $3.82US in silver tone. If you poke around their store they have the gold version (BT173) for about $0.60 more or the silver one with 10 Baili blades (which are pretty good, for about $0.80 more.

It's actually a very nice razor and not as mild as the Baili 3-piece with the thicker zamak baseplate. The heads are pretty much a very good clone of an English Tech.

I've got the Razorock version of this Tech (actually PIF'ed from Bookworm, who commented above), and I really like it a lot. It's a $10 razor that looks, and shaves, just as well as any Tech i've used. As far as I'm aware, the Baili is the exact same, and I can't recommend it enough for the rock-bottom price that they sell for.

The Baili razor i ordered on Alixpress arrived this morning, it took eight days from China to London UK.

On the overall, the razor has a pretty good finish, on the visible parts; although the screw part of the cap is so so (by the way, what material are the cap and the handle made of?).

Otherwise, the razor feels pretty heavy (Merkur HD heavy at least). I'm going to test it tomorrow.

IMG_20170511_131710.jpg

So, I used the Baili for hte 1rst time this morning.

It's very very soft, even the Rimei (i'm talking about the real one) is way more aggressive. The level of aggressiveness is around the Feather Popular or the black Wilkinson made of delrin. In fact, I got the same impression as the Sterling clone made by Ying Jili.

In the end I got an easy BBS, but without any feedback or sensations during the shave. Not for people who prefer aggressive razor or who have a hard beard.

Baili old type head(bt171) vs. new type head (bd176). do they share the same shaving behavior in term of aggressiveness, efficiency, comfort? would you prefer one over the other?

Top Bottom