What's new

Baili

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Those are the ones, although strangely I have seen the new head design sold as the 171 as well. Baili naming convention is just plain confusing, especially when you consider vendors often sell the razors under a bunch of different names.

The following picture has been posted on another thread but it seems the best way of determining whether you're getting the upgrade head or not is to ignore the model name entirely and just go off what the handle looks like:View attachment 1093800
Alternatively OP could snag either the Razorock DE1 or Teck II if that's a more accessible option. They're just rebranded versions of the Baili 176 and 191.

Hard to tell from the pics but the one on the left (Classic) looks like the 131. The one on the right (Upgrade) looks like the 171/172.

I'll dig my 131 and 171 out later and post some pics for comparison.

An update here. I have not gotten any of these other Baili razors. I've found that Astra Superior Stainless works extremely well for me with my BR179. I don't love the look of the razor or the feel of it or the rattling noise or the shiny chrome look but I must admit I am getting some damn fine shaves lately with the right blade. Not BBS but close, comfortable, mild, and irritation free and feels good afterwards.

I read the Tech Clones thread a few weeks back, it made my head spin because of all the numbering and upgrades by Baili, hard to follow but I have an idea of whats what. The Br191 (looks similar to Vikings blade "Godfather" looks like a very nicely designed razor that people seem to enjoy. All of the Baili razors are extremely cheap, among the cheapest I've seen anywhere, but to be frank, with everything going on lately I've become more unwilling to buy Chinese razors if i don't have to (if i can find a similar item elsewhere) even despite the nice shaves I've been getting with my Br179. Also, i read about Vikings Blade's dispute with Baili and it left a bad taste in my mouth about Baili. It is a confusing story, and these things often happen in business, it just didn't sit right with me enough to go experimenting with lots of Baili razors right now.

Is this the one made in India, and is it still in production? If so, where can I buy one in the US? (Sorry, I couldn't translate the Dutch in the ad.)
They are sold on Ali express

Do a search on gillette super blue
Tekst on blister is Chinese.

Top Bottom