What's new

Baili BT131

Hello everybody :001_smile

I decided to pull this razor out of my storage box and have been shaving with it for a few days now.

I used it once a very long time ago, then in June 2018 I changed to the Super Gillette Blue Chinese.

I have a sensitive skin, I only make one pass WTG, why this razor doesn't give me ingrown hairs,
no burning, no irritation, and no cutting, the result is CCS.

Some people say it is an aggressive razor.

My experience this week was with the Lord Super Stainless blade.

I'm trying to understand why this is the only razor that doesn't give me ingrown hairs.

What is special about it for my skin ? It's a mystery to me.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hello everybody :001_smile

I decided to pull this razor out of my storage box and have been shaving with it for a few days now.

I used it once a very long time ago, then in June 2018 I changed to the Super Gillette Blue Chinese.

I have a sensitive skin, I only make one pass WTG, why this razor doesn't give me ingrown hairs,
no burning, no irritation, and no cutting, the result is CCS.

Some people say it is an aggressive razor.

My experience this week was with the Lord Super Stainless blade.

I'm trying to understand why this is the only razor that doesn't give me ingrown hairs.

What is special about it for my skin ? It's a mystery to me.
The BT131 is a clone of the 1965 or 1966 Gillette Tech. This thread may be useful:

Thread 'The Tech Clone Wars' The Tech Clone Wars - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/the-tech-clone-wars.574729/

There may be some synergy between the BT131, your face, skin, beard and technique that makes a razor with this particular geometry work for you.

Personally, I wouldn't agonize over the "why" and just enjoy the acceptable shaves and lack of ingrown hairs you are getting with the BT131. :)

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Personally, I wouldn't agonize over the "why" and just enjoy the acceptable shaves and lack of ingrown hairs you are getting with the BT131.

Absolutely. Never look a gift shave in the baseplate.

never say definitive

You can say it all you desire. We can’t stop you and wouldn’t if we could. Growth and learning are non-stop. Unless it’s ingrown whiskers on your face and neck — you and your trusty Baili BT131 stopped them.

BT131 is made in 2 variants. One with bigger gap and exposure, the other with less. There is no way to tell which you will receive, neither there is a difference in packaging. I have 5 or 6 of them and only 2 are with the more aggressive head (narrower cap).

BT131 is made in 2 variants. One with bigger gap and exposure, the other with less. There is no way to tell which you will receive, neither there is a difference in packaging. I have 5 or 6 of them and only 2 are with the more aggressive head (narrower cap).

Do you have any pictures please ?

@Babou

It's your lucky day. The aggressive BT131 is just in front of me. And I just found the BT173 which is the same model but with the rose gold plating. Both bottom plates measure 25.2mm. The cap on the aggressive BT131 is 19.3mm, the cap on the gold one is almost 19.5mm. So that is the difference, I have at least 3-4 of the BT131 that are with the wide cap [19.5 - less aggressive] .

@Babou

It's your lucky day. The aggressive BT131 is just in front of me. And I just found the BT173 which is the same model but with the rose gold plating. Both bottom plates measure 25.2mm. The cap on the aggressive BT131 is 19.3mm, the cap on the gold one is almost 19.5mm. So that is the difference, I have at least 3-4 of the BT131 that are with the wide cap [19.5 - less aggressive] .

Thank you very much, I just measured mine, it is 19.5 mm.

Top Bottom