What's new

Baili BD176

Well done, great razors, for the money nothing to beat them.

As they are so cheap perhaps order another as a spare or travel razor :001_smile
I use mainly single Edge razors and I have plenty of De blades but very few De razors.

If this razor turns out a very nice one, I am sure I will get another as backup.

B

Barney14

I use mainly single Edge razors and I have plenty of De blades but very few De razors.

If this razor turns out a very nice one, I am sure I will get another as backup.

I have one as a back up and have ordered one for each of our 3 boys as travel razors.

Cool. What model Baili is the Vikings Emperor so I can pick it up cheaper?

AFAIK this model is for now, only a Viking razor. Viking probably had it made to an OEM. It could be exclusive or it could be exclusive for a period of time, before rebrands start appearing in the market. But i don't follow much razor evolution, so i can't be certain. They might have used QShave as OEM this time, since QShave has now experience from 2 adjustables (the Futur clone and the Parthenon).

I have the Baili BD179 TTO. It was my first DE razor. I thought it was a bit janky when I got it but it really works just fine. Just ised it today with a Shark Super Chrome. Worked great!

I never gave my feedback on this Baili razor. It is too good for 10 usd . It shaves great. If it were stainless steel, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

It is mild and effective
Blade tabs are covered
Good weight
Shaves nice under nose
Very affordable
Nice plating

Highly recommended to all.

Last edited:
Was my favorite razor before I bought Variant. Now it feels a bit too mild. However, definitely a great razor and probably the best one for a beginner.

B

Barney14

Was my favorite razor before I bought Variant. Now it feels a bit too mild. However, definitely a great razor and probably the best one for a beginner.

I was very happy with it until i tried a Gillette New LC.

Mild razors take a bit more time and attention to angle and pressure. Ultimately I get the same shave from the Baili as other more aggressive razors , better than some (including the Gillette LC).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Brother J,

I agree mild razors take a bit more time and attention to angle and pressure; but I suggest aggressive razors also take more time and attention to angle and pressure.

Brother J,

I agree mild razors take a bit more time and attention to angle and pressure; but I suggest aggressive razors also take more time and attention to angle and pressure.
Aggressive razors require a basic level of expertise to not hurt yourself. Mild razors require a higher level of skill to maximize their potential. That's why you often see experienced shavers return to mild razors after they've played around with aggressive ones. I'm not going to trade away my LeCoqs any time soon but I honestly find it more fun trying to get the most out of my milder razors.

Last edited:
Baili BD176 is designed in such a way that it’s really forgiving with regard to shaving angle. So I’d say getting a BBS with it using a moderately sharp blade like ASP doesn’t require any special skill, just a little extra work. When I compare it to Parker Variant set at about 1.5, I’d say that both are at the equal level of aggressiveness, but Baili is more efficient because it works within a wider variety of shaving angles. Set the Variant to 3-3.5, and the added aggressiveness makes all the difference. So, to me, Baili is an excellent mild razor. And the difference between 176 and 179 is really small.

Aggressive razors require a basic level of expertise to not hurt yourself. Mild razors require a higher level of skill to maximize their potential. That's why you often see experienced shavers return to mild razors after they've played around with aggressive ones. I'm not going to trade away my LeCoqs any time soon but I honestly find it more fun trying to get the most out of my milder razors.

Nicely put. I use my Merkur 25C as an example of a mild razor that, at least for me, really requires me to dial in the right angle. And it's not always east to find that. I'm still working on it.

I shaved with a Baili BD176 today and it was close. Blade used was London Bridge by Gillette Shanghai and latherless cream was Human ❤ Nature.

Sorry I'm late to the party, but you're right - the BD176 is one good little razor. And as you have noted, one of the few razors I've tried that I can use a Feather in without scalping myself. :001_smile

Sorry I'm late to the party, but you're right - the BD176 is one good little razor. And as you have noted, one of the few razors I've tried that I can use a Feather in without scalping myself. :001_smile

Honestly, I am finding that Feathers are - for me - the easiest blades to use in almost any razor. The combination of being sharp and smooth means I can get a BBS in three passes with almost no cleanup and this means less opportunity for irritation or nicks.

And they definitely make the mild razors shine.

I found a Baili on Connaught shaving, rebranded as Razorock.
A Razorock DE1 or a Razorock Tech II will cost me just about 15 Euros shipped to Sweden.
Tough choice since I also found that I can get a rebranded Parker 111B complete with a stand and brush for the same money.
So have you decided to Heck with the
KANZY ?

Top Bottom