What's new

Bah Humbug

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
newcard.jpg

For all those less then thrilled with Christmas post here

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
For me the best day of the year is December 26th 365 days till christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not celebrate the religious part, but sorta like the gift exchange concept. Problem is, I am really good at finding very special, individual specific gifts. Unfortunately there is limited reciprocity. End result is I give great gifts and receive crappy ones. Being on the receiving end of a doormat, or a boom box, or a Santa coffee mug is no great thrill. My dissatisfaction no doubt both colors the holiday and speaks to my shallow and superficial character. If I were a better person I would be delighted to have a new Santa mug. Bah Humbug!

The high point of the holiday season is when I put away all the lights and decorations... seems like the first day of spring.

The high point of the holiday season is when I put away all the lights and decorations... seems like the first day of spring.

My high point so far was when my mother, mother-in-law and sister-in-law left after Thanksgiving. Made me want to do Thanksgiving all over again.......without them.

My high point so far was when my mother, mother-in-law and sister-in-law left after Thanksgiving. Made me want to do Thanksgiving all over again.......without them.
I saw a great sign last week: "Thanksgiving: a perfectly good day off, ruined by family" :a14:

Ama
I saw a great sign last week: "Thanksgiving: a perfectly good day off, ruined by family" :a14:

Amazingly my self centered and overbearing mother, my blitheringly moronic mother-in-law and my drunken pot smoking idiot sister-in-law have ruined what used to be my favorite holiday within a matter of 2 short years. And my wife agrees. Looking forward to changing things up.

I don't like it for many reasons.

-You are expected to spend money on people you never see any other time of the year.
-You have to spend time with those same people.
-You go out of your way to find just the right thing for the few people you want to do something for, and basically get :censored: on for your effort.
-I really hate Christmas music and in the sticks we get 6 radio stations. 3 are country (which I dislike almost as much as Christmas music), one of the others has been playing it since November first, and another since just before Thanksgiving.
-If you try to be polite and say "Merry Christmas", some people get all butt hurt and offended.
-If you play it cautious and say "happy holidays", others get all butt hurt and offended.
-If you don't say anything, people get all but hurt and offended.
-Christmas lights were designed just to :censored: people off trying to untangle them and hunt burnt bulbs.
-Despite anything I do, I'm always the :censored: because I don't like the stress and fake "caring" associated with it.

It is nothing but a bunch of commercialized crap anymore that has been shoved in my face since before Halloween.
I'm sick of it already.

I don't like it for many reasons.

-You are expected to spend money on people you never see any other time of the year.
-You have to spend time with those same people.
-You go out of your way to find just the right thing for the few people you want to do something for, and basically get :censored: on for your effort.
-I really hate Christmas music and in the sticks we get 6 radio stations. 3 are country (which I dislike almost as much as Christmas music), one of the others has been playing it since November first, and another since just before Thanksgiving.
-If you try to be polite and say "Merry Christmas", some people get all butt hurt and offended.
-If you play it cautious and say "happy holidays", others get all butt hurt and offended.
-If you don't say anything, people get all but hurt and offended.
-Christmas lights were designed just to :censored: people off trying to untangle them and hunt burnt bulbs.
-Despite anything I do, I'm always the :censored: because I don't like the stress and fake "caring" associated with it.

It is nothing but a bunch of commercialized crap anymore that has been shoved in my face since before Halloween.
I'm sick of it already.
Pretty much nailed it. Hypocrisy on a stick.

@sfeile
Six radio stations? Dude, you are a prime candidate for Sirius XM and/or Spotify. I am in a similar situation here in Ruralmania, Appalachia...could not exist without satellite radio.
Oh...and up here, it is “Merry Christmas”...period.

@sfeile
Six radio stations? Dude, you are a prime candidate for Sirius XM and/or Spotify. I am in a similar situation here in Ruralmania, Appalachia...could not exist without satellite radio.
Oh...and up here, it is “Merry Christmas”...period.
I had Sirius for quite a while. Was great when I was traveling for work. Then they merged with XM, and believe it or not the reception went down. There were places I had been driving with no issues before the merge, then as soon as they merged, I got a lot of black-out areas.
Then the freaking DJ's started talking so much, it was just as bad as normal radio. So now I just plug my phone in and use it as an MP3 player.

I guess it's not just Christmas..... I'm an ornery old :censored: all the time it seems..... :blink:

Top Bottom