What's new

Bag of goodies from my Grandparents!

Went to see my Grandparents at the weekend and after they recently found out I was interesting in tradditional shaving my Granddad gave me a load of old kit he had 'laying about' along with a Lord Nelson shave mug that my Gran found in a local shop!

Mug:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Weck Sextoblade:

This actually belonged to my great-grandfather who (although british) served in a medical capacity of some sort on a US navy ship during WW2

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

A whole box of 'Jewel' DE blades that are mostly perfect:

proxy.php

proxy.php

A Rolls Razor that may have seen better days:

proxy.php

proxy.php

And a Kropp straight!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Go here for bigger pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/45664764@N00/sets/72157617647670047/

I think that items like this passed down are pretty much the coolest and most rare razors you can get.

I unfortunately did not get any passed down from my grandparents but I envy those who do.

Cherish them.

Last edited:
Nice...I never even thought to see if my grandparents had some leftover shaving supplies. That must have been a pleasant surprise :001_smile

It was a great suprise! My Grandad is a bit of a horder so he does like to see something he's kept go to good use.

Unfortunately he did admit that only a couple of years ago he took a whole box of lockable 3 peice DEs to the tip - He worked as an engineer in a prison and the inmates had DEs with an allen key screw to hold the blade in. He had no idea that tradditional shaving would make a comeback!

And he binned a shaving brush last month- He had no idea you could get replacement knots still!

Never mind - these things alone are excellent, and with a bit of work most of them can be used still too :001_smile

the scores are always worth more when they're from within the family- looks cool!

+1!

My grandmother told me that my great-great-grandfather's straight is somewhere in a box in the house, along with an old brush (that I would love to put a new knot in). So I don't actually have them, but I'm really looking forward to when they're found.

That's a great haul - congratulations. I tried dropping a couple of hints to my grandfather but he didn't take the bait. He switched to an electric razor a long time ago so I don't think he has any goodies tucked away.

Very cool. Congrats on keeping up the family tradition. How awesome would it be to be able to give your grandsons a similar gift!

great score, my grandad also just recently gave me his STR8 from when he was in the navy still in the original box with a leather sheath that he had purchased (a little worn but what sheath wouldnt be after 56 years), when he found out that i was going to go purchase my first STR8 he told me to come over to his house and handed it over to me. had to show u and tell u seeing as it was a little eery how the story was almost the same of how we both aquired these STR8'S and that they are identical. sadly i didnt get any blades with mine so im trying to find some.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom