What's new

🦡 🦡 🦡 BADGERary 2023!!! Only Badger Brushes for all of January!!! 🦡 🦡 🦡

Final badgerary shave. It was fun and I hope we can make it again next year 😃

2023-01-31 19.46.16.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Final shave of BADGERary2023. Thank you, @SharpieB for running BADGERary 2023!

BADGERary 2023: 30 of 31 = 97%
Razor: Gillette Canada Pre-War Tech (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Belcam Gladiator
20230131_102837~2.jpg

The link below takes you to my journal, which has full notes for this shave and more: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12111228

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I haven't kept with what should have been my posts here. I've been using one of 5 badger brushes I have for every single shave. This wasn't a sacrifice for me. In a regular month, my badgers are what I choose to use. I like the face feel better than brushes I own.

Today, I used one of my two SV 2.0 Cocobolo handle Manchurian brushes. Today it was the first one I purchased: the one with the silver, pewter crown. What a nice experience.

The one on the left... a photograph from July, 2022.

SVCocoboloTwins (2).jpg

I haven't kept with what should have been my posts here. I've been using one of 5 badger brushes I have for every single shave. This wasn't a sacrifice for me. In a regular month, my badgers are what I choose to use. I like the face feel better than brushes I own.

Today, I used one of my two SV 2.0 Cocobolo handle Manchurian brushes. Today it was the first one I purchased: the one with the silver, pewter crown. What a nice experience.

The one on the left... a photograph from July, 2022.

View attachment 1597989
Those are beautiful brushes, when you were selling the one I sold you I almost bought it back

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
BADGERary
Tech Tuesday

Razor:
Korean War Tech
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Torga Mistura C3
Soap: SV 70th
ASL: Pinaud Clubman
20230131_181505.jpg

I would be remiss if I didn't get my Korean War Tech out of the garage to finish up BADGERary after my other techs had a chance to strut their stuff.
My Y2 Tech has a magnetic baseplate because there was a shortage of brass during the Korean Conflict and it is made of steel.

Only my Prewar Tech has a smaller gap, but even so, this is the mildest Tech I have, so I afforded it a two pass, WTG, ATG shave.
This razor definitely rewards short, quick almost chopping strokes to get the maximum efficiency with it. Long slow sweeping strokes will leave you with plenty of stubble for the next pass, and the next, and the next.

Two passes and most of my face and neck is smooth, only the hollows under my jawline feel rough. I'm sure that with four passes I could get a better result, but that's not gonna happen. I wouldn't need to shave for three days.

My Semogue C3 Mistura has really impressed me as it continues to get better with each use, it is easily my favorite Semogue, and sits proudly next to my Black Omega Silvertip.

The Witch hazel felt nice and smooth, the Clubman made me feel like a woman's man, and the Nivea balm sealed the deal.

It was a nice shave, and the Y2 is going back in the garage.

Have some Great Shaves

~doug~

Shucks, I didn't shave on the 31st (last day of BADGERary 2023)... but I've certainly enjoyed joining in here. It's been fun, and great to see everyone's assortment of (or singular) badger brushes.

Many thanks for inventing, starting up, and hosting BADGERary @SharpieB, keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Doug.... I have 3 other SV 2.0 brushes... I hate to let the one I bought from you go.... but I needed to fund a Wolfman so some sacrifices had to be made. It wasn't an easy decision....

Oh... and congrats on your new WR2 1.25 Wolfman... I hope it is perfect for you.
Thanks I appreciate it

Top Bottom