What's new

🦡 🦡 🦡 BADGERary 2023!!! Only Badger Brushes for all of January!!! 🦡 🦡 🦡

BADGERary, Day 31

20230130_104518-01.jpeg

Shavemac Cocobolo w/ D-01 2-band Silvertip 😍

That's my final entry... the month of January is in the books. Thanks @SharpieB for hosting the event! 😀

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
BADGERary
MdC Monday

Razor:
Prewar Tech
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Brush: Torga Mistura C3
Soap: MdC Agrumes
ASL: the "Veg"
20230130_214657[1].jpg

My Prewar Tech delivered a nice comfortable two pass WTG shave. The Prewar Tech, touted as a less mild version than the later models, still needs at least two passes for me to get a decent shave.
I did get a weeper above my Adam's Apple on my first pass, which only seems to happen with mild razors and fresh blades. I must make a note of that for the future.
The blade did seem to get smoother and more comfortable on the second WTG pass, but never really got quiet.
I would have needed an ATG pass for that to happen, and then I might not need to shave for three days.

All I needed was 4, or was it 5 swirls of MdC to get all the lather I needed for a four pass shave. That meant plenty for my two pass shave.
The C3 Mistura continues to find it's way into my hand when it comes time for a shave as it pleasantly breaks in.

The Which hazel felt warm, and the "Veg" fuzzy, with the Nivea balm all snuggles after an OK shave.

Have some Great Shaves

~doug~

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Badger OTD + SE SOTD, Tuesday January31 2023, #31 of 31 consecutive daily shaves with badgers!

Razor : Yaqi Katana with retracting handle- 2019>, takes 1/2 DE blades, interesting razor, I like to bump blade with a paper blade tuck to make sure it is seated Before tightening. Great close shave this morning!
Blade : Gillette Astra SP, 1/2 blade SP(2) sharp & smooth.
Soap : Mitchell's wool fat- light scent with good lather qualities. Makes great ubber lather also.
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky " 24mm silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + great lather painter. I like this handle to hold brush and knot is excellent IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my my Yaqi Katana razor with a Gillette Astra SP blade.
Brush Collage Jan 31 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom