What's new

🦡 🦡 🦡 BADGERary 2023!!! Only Badger Brushes for all of January!!! 🦡 🦡 🦡

Badgerary Shave 27. I skipped a day yesterday so I used my M7 Manchurian today. This brush is more comfortable if my face has had a day off from shaving.
IMG_20230128_091751.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Badger OTD + SE SOTD, Saturday, January 28th 2023

Razor : Ever-Ready Streamline, 2nd generation- Mfg 1949-53, upper mid range, well built and it is eye candy to myself, it was one of the high end Ever-Ready razors they built. excellent shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock Classic, nice cherry almond scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Sagrada Familia"22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent splay scrubber, great lather painter. Small handle might not be for large hands + great knot and one of my favorite badger brushes to use .
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + slight irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave on my Ever-Ready streamline razor with a coated Gem blade. I toss the Gem blade after 10 uses regardless how well it is cutting because I averaged this blade years ago and this one needed to be tossed.
Brush Collage Jan29 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Twenty eighth day using a badger in January and completing four weeks and four times through each of my badgers. I'll use the remaining three days of the month to use my favorites. Today the APShave Mistura. Nice little brush. A bit on the small side for my tastes. Will make a good give-away brush next time I have opportunity to do so.
Image8689055896998871876.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Badgerary 28th: Hardware was a ‘Wee Scotty’ in lemon drop. Scott @life2short1971 sent me this pretty little handle to try out a knot, and it’s found a home. A perfect travel brush, small and with a 2-band knot that will lather a brick and blooms like an umbrella. I named it after its creator. A C.V. Hejestrand No 10 did the chopping, and the cream was Acca Kappa 1869 pre-reformulation. Think of Cella brick with lanolin. Harris Arlington finished up.

CB9BF832-6376-4FC4-9F7A-23B6624CFDCB.jpeg

Badgerary 28th: Hardware was a ‘Wee Scotty’ in lemon drop. Scott @life2short1971 sent me this pretty little handle to try out a knot, and it’s found a home. A perfect travel brush, small and with a 2-band knot that will lather a brick and blooms like an umbrella. I named it after its creator. A C.V. Hejestrand No 10 did the chopping, and the cream was Acca Kappa 1869 pre-reformulation. Think of Cella brick with lanolin. Harris Arlington finished up.

View attachment 1596109
Very nice @Steve56

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
BADGERary 2023: 27 of 28 = 96%
Razor: Green Cult V1 (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Ti Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (5)
Brush: @Rudy Vey "The Favorite" (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: A&E Kaizen
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Fragrance: Original Penguin Reserve EdT Spray
20230128_141838~2.jpg

The link below takes you to my journal, which has full notes for this shave and more: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12107369

Top Bottom