17. Jman1975
18. BigJ
19. elmo_koffman
20. Mempho
21. Slock
22. SgtCrppls
23. Beto Salatini
24.Ron R

Great group! I'll give it a whirl. But I must confess to being a committed skeptic when it comes to badger. But, as I've learned in most other places in life, it just means that I have lots to learn still. Looking forward to a little education here.

1. SharpieB
2. Frag_Out
3. ewk
4. J-MN
5. Rudy Vey
6. DavidN88
7. never-stop-learning
8. JAHE
9. Sascoman
10. Crisp Rat
11. Pedigree
12. bjm
13. Cal
14. PRobots
15. Wes1953
16. Balin
17. Jman1975
18. BigJ
19. elmo_koffman
20. Mempho
21. Slock
22. SgtCrppls
23. Beto Salatini
24.Ron R
25. Leverspro

I'm in!

1. SharpieB
2. Frag_Out
3. ewk
4. J-MN
5. Rudy Vey
6. DavidN88
7. never-stop-learning
8. JAHE
9. Sascoman
10. Crisp Rat
11. Pedigree
12. bjm
13. Cal
14. PRobots
15. Wes1953
16. Balin
17. Jman1975
18. BigJ
19. elmo_koffman
20. Mempho
21. Slock
22. SgtCrppls
23. Beto Salatini
24.Ron R
25. Leverspro
26. MaineYooper

I said I was here to learn, so here's my first badger related question: I have a modest number of badgers at five (plus two misturas). Are these knots best to use fully dry each time, letting them dry for a few days in between uses? Considering joining the Shave of The Week thread, which would involve using the same knot daily for a week.
Image4192570665145858517.jpg

I said I was here to learn, so here's my first badger related question: I have a modest number of badgers at five (plus two misturas). Are these knots best to use fully dry each time, letting them dry for a few days in between uses? Considering joining the Shave of The Week thread, which would involve using the same knot daily for a week. View attachment 1580639
That's a very nice collection and a fine example of quality vs quantity :cool:

Actually, the Shave of the Week Society (SWS) encourages the use of multiple brushes during the week if one chooses to do so; it's the razor, brush, and soap that's restricted... but even then, variances are allowed. I would say the SWS is more about intentions than results. Please join us as we look forward to your contributions.

As for advice in regards to allowing a brush to fully dry between uses...:popc:

Last edited:
Woohoo! Looks like a great group!

Please remember the rules though… there are no rules! 😜 This isn‘t GRUME. If you don’t use a badger brush one day, who cares? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Just post some badger brush pics when you do or at least drop by and tell us what brush you used.

1. SharpieB
2. Frag_Out
3. ewk
4. J-MN
5. Rudy Vey
6. DavidN88
7. never-stop-learning
8. JAHE
9. Sascoman
10. Crisp Rat
11. Pedigree
12. bjm
13. Cal
14. PRobots
15. Wes1953
16. Balin
17. Jman1975
18. BigJ
19. elmo_koffman
20. Mempho
21. Slock
22. SgtCrppls
23. Beto Salatini
24.Ron R
25. Leverspro
26. MaineYooper

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have been buying these nice Yaqi badger brushes over the last 2.5 years when on sale. Very happy with them so far and they do seem all different for face feels or the handles how they grip in the hand. (L) first 5 silver tips + (R) first 5 are 2 band badgers , see you tomorrow on New Years day.
Yaqi #1 badger brushes 2.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Hey guys. How are you all doing? Happy New Year!

After a month of boar brush use (I only have one) I'm looking forward to a change. I'll be using my newly acquired Heritage Collection Ever Ready white high mountain badger, my Van Der Hagen Pure Badger that I've lovingly named "Scritch Monster", and maybe an appearance from my The Art of Shaving Travel Badger. That last one is a mini that packs a good punch with its knot. I just rarely let it see the light of day.

Just as an FYI, I will be participating in a Shave Yahtzee event for a couple of weeks so if I roll and end up with a badger brush, then those shaves will end up here as well.

1. SharpieB
2. Frag_Out
3. ewk
4. J-MN
5. Rudy Vey
6. DavidN88
7. never-stop-learning
8. JAHE
9. Sascoman
10. Crisp Rat
11. Pedigree
12. bjm
13. Cal
14. PRobots
15. Wes1953
16. Balin
17. Jman1975
18. BigJ
19. elmo_koffman
20. Mempho
21. Slock
22. SgtCrppls
23. Beto Salatini
24. Ron R
25. Leverspro
26. MaineYooper
27. Time Bandit

Alright gentlemen... Let's get this party started!!!

1672565688862.gif

RV Shaving w/ Shavemac D01 2-Band

20221228_155831.jpg

This brush has the potential to become my personal favorite... as if it isn't already. Today was my first use but I could easily see myself using it exclusively for the entire month. Yes, it's that good

:cool:

Be well and stay safe

BADGERary 2023! -- New Year's Day Edition​

Happy New Year B&B. My badger den for BADGERary includes:
  • Yaqi 22m black badger hair
  • Semogue Taj handle mixed knot
  • Yaqi 24 mm silver tip, mysterious space handle
  • TOBS 21 mm pure badger hair and
  • Yaqi 24 mm two band badger, obsidian green handle
IMG_20221231_195209078.jpg

New Year's Day Shave
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Feather Professional
Brush: Yaqi 24 mm silver tip, mysterious space handle

Soap & A/S: Barrister & Mann - Eigengrau

IMG_20230101_092758459.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, January 1st. 2023, Happy New year!

Razor: Schick injector Hydro-magic i2- Mfg 1954-57, tame mid range, well built and the hydro magic makes it easy to rinse the blade(I like that H.M feature). This razor is mostly carefree shaving and I enjoy using it.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE(7) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice scented soap(Aramis?) + excellent lather qualities. Yaqi Commissioned Master soap creations S.A to make their line of soaps and aftershaves.
Brush : Yaqi "Black marble" 24mm silvertip- excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, great splay scrubber + great lather painter. This brush sure bloomed nicely if that is what a person likes in their badger brushes.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel beard area cleanse + Yaqi Musketeer Rapier splash & a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Schick injector i2 with a Personna coated blade.
Brush Collage Jan1 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sunday Schick shave, January 1st. 2023, Happy New year!

Razor: Schick injector Hydro-magic i2- Mfg 1954-57, tame mid range, well built and the hydro magic makes it easy to rinse the blade(I like that H.M feature). This razor is mostly carefree shaving and I enjoy using it.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE(7) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice scented soap(Aramis?) + excellent lather qualities. Yaqi Commissioned Master soap creations S.A to make their line of soaps and aftershaves.
Brush : Yaqi "Black marble" 24mm silvertip- excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, great splay scrubber + great lather painter. This brush sure bloomed nicely if that is what a person likes in their badger brushes.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel beard area cleanse + Yaqi Musketeer Rapier splash & a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Schick injector i2 with a Personna coated blade.
View attachment 1581195
Have some great shaves!

That brush is one of the best brushes I've ever tried...The softness of those tips is just unreal! One of the best brushes in my collection when it comes to face lathering. I remember paying about 12€ for it. How on earth was that price possible...

Date
365 days of shaving1/365
(100%)
GRUME January1/31 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 3/3
Timor 3/3
Eddison 3/3

Passes3
WXTG
first pass cheeks: CB Curve (NW-SE curving midway to NE-SW)
second pass cheeks: Gillette Slant (SW-NE)

first pass neck: Gillette Slant (NE-SW)
second pass neck: Gillette Slant (S-N)
ATG
Straight & Slanted
(SW-NE | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Timeless Ti95 SCB
Eddison (1)Omega Super Badger
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green pre-shave
MWF
Mostly face lathered
Cold splash
Proraso Green (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)9.5/10 (Almost clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8/10 (DFS+/BBS-)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

A very happy New Year brothers! Still in and absolutely no urges at all. Saw a Yaqi Darwin handle - very nice - but also saw a YT video which displayed problems with threading. And I have wonderful handles as it is - so all is well in Shaveville.

The last of the Discovery Blade Adventure blades went in the Timeless this morning. Based on past performance I should be discovering along for most of January! I have practically only used the Discovery blades throughout November and December. Again, hats off to @Grundi and @Space_Cadet for putting this adventure together and so far it has been a wonderful ride.

I was better in dialing in water and soap for a luxurious lather this morning. MWF performed splendidly and I had the same experience as yesterday: not a full blown BBS, but a BBS post shave feel nonetheless. And LOTH seal of approval for this soap - she liked it very much.

Excellent shave for an excellent start of 2023.

Top Bottom