What's new

🦡 🦡 🦡 BADGERary 2023!!! Only Badger Brushes for all of January!!! 🦡 🦡 🦡

Same brush, different day...

RV Shaving w/ Shavemac D01 2-Band

20230123_130910.jpg

I asked @RudyVey to create this brush as a birthday gift from me to me. I consider myself very fortunate because Rudy had both the time and materials to build the brush and his engraver was available to put the finishing touches on the handle. This bundle of badger goodness was in my mailbox less than a week after my initial inquiry.

The first month of a new year seemed to be the perfect time for the inaugural shaves with this brush and I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one.

Be well and stay safe

Same brush, different day...

RV Shaving w/ Shavemac D01 2-Band

View attachment 1596452

I asked @RudyVey to create this brush as a birthday gift from me to me. I consider myself very fortunate because Rudy had both the time and materials to build the brush and his engraver was available to put the finishing touches on the handle. This bundle of badger goodness was in my mailbox less than a week after my initial inquiry.

The first month of a new year seemed to be the perfect time for the inaugural shaves with this brush and I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one.

Be well and stay safe
I love anything that @Rudy Vey makes, with so many great knots out there it just makes having Rudy make the handle and install the knot 🪢 or have him send the handle to have it knotted puts knots that maybe out of reach cost wise available.

👏👏👏 for Rudy

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Badger OTD + Sunday Schick shave, January 29th, 2023

Razor : Stick Schick injector, L type theme series- Mfg 1973, mild range, well built and a joy to use, brings back my youth when I had some standard transmission vehicles, excellent shave this morning.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE (10) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely.
Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea", very enjoyable unique addictive scent with excellent lather qualities. Very enjoyable soap.
Brush : Yaqi "Ever-Helpful" 22 mm 2 band badger, Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent scrubber, great lather painter.
This brush was designed with a short HD loft knot, it is directed at the folks who enjoy backbone when scrubbing the lather. It has soft tips with no scritch but does it work in this enjoyment for some who like to scrub + it will splay using the chin to initiate.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock The Dead Sea with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Stick Schick injector with a Personna coated blade.
Brush Collage Jan29.0 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

BADGERary 2023 SOTD
SOTD-NEW-FB-GT-G_2023-01-29.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Gillette NEW Flat Bottom GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (22)
ASL: Proraso Red

A superb shave. :biggrin:
You just can't beat using gear that you love. :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
BADGERary 2023: 28 of 29 = 97%
Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (8)
Brush: Saponificio Varesino, Pewter Crown, Bog Wood Handle (Hand-tied 26mm 2-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore Sapone Da Barba
Aftershave: RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore Lozione Dopo-Barba
Fragrance: Belcam Bold Tobacco
20230129_114508~2.jpg

The link below takes you to my journal, which has full notes for this shave and more: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12108740

BADGERary 2023: 28 of 29 = 97%
Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (8)
Brush: Saponificio Varesino, Pewter Crown, Bog Wood Handle (Hand-tied 26mm 2-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore Sapone Da Barba
Aftershave: RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore Lozione Dopo-Barba
Fragrance: Belcam Bold Tobacco
View attachment 1596935
The link below takes you to my journal, which has full notes for this shave and more: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12108740
Nice Brush beautiful knot

Top Bottom