What's new

🦡 🦡 🦡 BADGERary 2023!!! Only Badger Brushes for all of January!!! 🦡 🦡 🦡

BADGERary, Day 23

20230123_152504-01-01.jpeg

TDR Fanchurian 26mm 🤩

Have a great day, Gents!

Twenty third day using a badger in January. Working through my badgers for the fourth time this month. This Shavemac worked well face lathering off the MdC. After loading the brush I did not have to reload it in between passes for three passes. Great brush. Very comfortable and capable. If I trim my badger collection it won't be this one. View attachment 1592985View attachment 1592986

That razor though @Leverspro 🔥 🔥

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Yesterday, Badgerary 22nd, all English. Hardware was a M&F L7 Blonde Badger and a Joseph Rodgers ivory chopper. Software was D. R. Harris Arlington

Badgerary 23rd: Hardware was a Simpsons Tulip 3 in 2-band and a Tanifuji Cape Kennedy razor. Software was MdC vetyver and Floris 89 AS.

79BDDEC3-EA93-4F5F-9C8B-B10D78E9E9A4.jpeg
DC378DAD-E59D-42BE-B6F5-77B5DF0CCEA4.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
BADGERary 2023: 22 of 23 = 96%
Razor: @Above The Tie Mixed Metal SE1 (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (7)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: A&E Kaizen
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Fragrance: Original Penguin Reserve EdT Spray
20230123_135709~2.jpg

The link below takes you to my journal, which has full notes for this shave and more: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12100228

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Badger OTD +ASRazor shave, January 24th 2023

Razor : Micromatic OC, buttonless- Mfg 1930-1932 >button variant 41, mid to upper mid range, well designed and built to last and even with some abuse over the last 90 years. One of favorite Gem razors when blade is up in # of uses + used with a RIGS shim. Enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Ogallala Bayrum sage & Cedarwood, nice Bayrum soap(slight clove) + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " mountain lake" 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Nice ergonomic handle with a excellent knot.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave :Witch hazel beard area cleanse, then Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gem MMOC with a coated Gem blade.
Brush Collage Jan24 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

I pulled out the Big Badger today, with the idea of a Luxury Shave. All my badger knots small, except the Big Boy (did you have Big Boy restaurants? Man, good memories eating there with family when on trips or a special occasion). It is the Trotter Quasar (purple swirly) with a 26mm Manchurian knot. Great lather with Shannon's Soaps Nil and the Micormatic Clog Pruf Peerless.

20230124_113233.jpg

Quasar.jpg

Top Bottom