What's new

Badger Blends: Your Homemade Aftershave Mixes

Today I made Iced Topaz. Master's Topaz and some Menthol Crystals. I do a little at a time and check. Its steeping at the moment. I will report back when done :)

My spin on El Dorado:

Equal parts Pinaud Clubman, Pinaud Special Reserve, Pinaud Vaninalla, straight bourbon whiskey (the higher the proof the better)

I call it: El Guapo

thanks for the bump. I did mix up the following with great results, but no measurements yet:
Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel
Murray & Lanman Kananga Water
Dollar Tree Spice Aftershave
Takes out some of the funk of Kananga water and has a great post shave feel. No name for it yet.

My wife is currently brewing something for me for when I come home. All Philippine ingredients. Can't wait to try it.

"Old Spicy"

Half Vi-Jon "Spice"
Half Avon Spicy

Smells nice, haven't done a full use yet, probably will tomorrow. I'll be back to advise..

Blenheim Bouquet + Florida Water + dash witch hazel = Winston Water.

Yeah I'm trying to extend my expensive BB, and I like this attempt the best so far.

Report please! I may try this myself...

I like it quite well. I actually put some in a sprayer too. What you get is the Old Spice from the Vi-Jon and after a while you're left with the Avon Spicy. Which makes sense because separately the Avon lasts a lot longer.

Basically it pulls the Spicy in closer to Old Spice, but not all the way, and lasts longer than the Vi-Jon by itself.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I like it quite well. I actually put some in a sprayer too. What you get is the Old Spice from the Vi-Jon and after a while you're left with the Avon Spicy. Which makes sense because separately the Avon lasts a lot longer.

Basically it pulls the Spicy in closer to Old Spice, but not all the way, and lasts longer than the Vi-Jon by itself.
Love the idea of the spray dispenser. Will mix some up.

INGREDIENTS:

• 2 tablespoons Bay or Jamaican Rum
  • 4–6 ounces witch hazel
  • 20–30 drops Bay West Indies essential oil
  • 4–5 drops of pure cinnamon essential oil
  • 2–3 drops black pepper essential oil
  • 5–10 drops wild orange essential oil
  • 5–6 drops vanilla essential oil
Homemade Bay Rum Aftershave

FarmerTan

INGREDIENTS:

• 2 tablespoons Bay or Jamaican Rum
  • 4–6 ounces witch hazel
  • 20–30 drops Bay West Indies essential oil
  • 4–5 drops of pure cinnamon essential oil
  • 2–3 drops black pepper essential oil
  • 5–10 drops wild orange essential oil
  • 5–6 drops vanilla essential oil
Homemade Bay Rum Aftershave
Thank you.

this isn't very complicated, but i find it better than either of the 2 just on their own....surprised it hasn't been listed in this thread already

50/50 mix: Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum + Clubman Classic Vanilla = Clubman Vanilla Bay Rum

By itself, the bay rum, to me, just smells like clove cigarettes from bars & clubs in the late 90s....i don't get the summer island breeze thing at all...unless you're sitting on the beach downwind of someone smoking a Djarum. And with the classic vanilla I get an odd nail polish remover kinda scent right outta the bottle but then it settles down a bit nicer after splashing it on.

I find mixing the 2 of these together cancels out those negatives for me and turns it into something very pleasant.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

this isn't very complicated, but i find it better than either of the 2 just on their own....surprised it hasn't been listed in this thread already

50/50 mix: Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum + Clubman Classic Vanilla = Clubman Vanilla Bay Rum

By itself, the bay rum, to me, just smells like clove cigarettes from bars & clubs in the late 90s....i don't get the summer island breeze thing at all...unless you're sitting on the beach downwind of someone smoking a Djarum. And with the classic vanilla I get an odd nail polish remover kinda scent right outta the bottle but then it settles down a bit nicer after splashing it on.

I find mixing the 2 of these together cancels out those negatives for me and turns it into something very pleasant.
Thanks!

Top Bottom