What's new

Badger & Blade's Razor Vacation

So, my new Maggard MR11 Open Comb razor just went on vacation to Denver. Completely by itself. Without me!

Maggard's is usually about the fastest shipping vendor out there, so when my razor didn't arrive today, I found that unusual and went to check the tracking. For reference, the address Maggard's used for my home was correct, they ship from Michigan, and I live in West Des Moines, IA. Here is what the USPS tracking showed:

Aug 25: Pre-shipment info sent
Aug 26: Arrived at USPS destination facility, Des Moines, IA
Aug 28: Arrived at USPS facility, Denver, CO !?!?!??!WHAT???
Aug 29: Arrived at USPS destination facility, Des Moines, IA
Aug 29: Departed USPS destination facility, Des Moines, IA

So my razor got to Des Moines, and then randomly took a side trip to Denver for the weekend before coming back to Des Moines?? Must be a pretty special razor!

PS - I sure hope that final "Departed USPS destination facility" means it is on its way to my house! But it's 5:29 PM, we've already gotten the mail, and usually they say "Out for delivery", so I sure hope my razor isn't off gallivanting to yet another city! It hasn't done any work yet, so it is absolutely out of vacation days as far as I'm concerned! :001_smile

So, my new Maggard MR11 Open Comb razor just went on vacation to Denver. Completely by itself. Without me!

Maggard's is usually about the fastest shipping vendor out there, so when my razor didn't arrive today, I found that unusual and went to check the tracking. For reference, the address Maggard's used for my home was correct, they ship from Michigan, and I live in West Des Moines, IA. Here is what the USPS tracking showed:

Aug 25: Pre-shipment info sent
Aug 26: Arrived at USPS destination facility, Des Moines, IA
Aug 28: Arrived at USPS facility, Denver, CO !?!?!??!WHAT???
Aug 29: Arrived at USPS destination facility, Des Moines, IA
Aug 29: Departed USPS destination facility, Des Moines, IA

So my razor got to Des Moines, and then randomly took a side trip to Denver for the weekend before coming back to Des Moines?? Must be a pretty special razor!

PS - I sure hope that final "Departed USPS destination facility" means it is on its way to my house! But it's 5:29 PM, we've already gotten the mail, and usually they say "Out for delivery", so I sure hope my razor isn't off gallivanting to yet another city! It hasn't done any work yet, so it is absolutely out of vacation days as far as I'm concerned! :001_smile

Last edited by a moderator:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Same thing happened to my 2014 B&B LE. Came to Harrisburg, went out for delivery, went back to P.O. went to some city 50+ miles away, went out for delivery, went back to P.O., come back home. Mail carrier said it was most likely a mis-scan when it first went out for delivery

Well, I can report the razor did not get delivered today, so I guess only time will tell whether it gets delivered tomorrow or goes on another side trip. They ought to put those old travel stickers on the side of the box so I can see all the places its been to! India (I think that's where they make them), Michigan, Iowa, the mile high city... quite the life for a razor!

Same thing happened to my 2014 B&B LE. Came to Harrisburg, went out for delivery, went back to P.O. went to some city 50+ miles away, went out for delivery, went backbone to P.O., come back home. Mail carrier said it was most likely a mis-scan when it first went out for delivery

YIKES. that would sure have given me a scare. Glad you got it eventually!

(And good luck to you, AlgebraicMirror)

Well, I can report the razor did not get delivered today, so I guess only time will tell whether it gets delivered tomorrow or goes on another side trip. They ought to put those old travel stickers on the side of the box so I can see all the places its been to! India (I think that's where they make them), Michigan, Iowa, the mile high city... quite the life for a razor!
Well????

Top Bottom