What's new

Badger & Blade Weight Loss Thread

Well, I'm back. After moving to a new house in February, COVID hit in March. My motivation to work out and eat right was completely gone. I ended up getting up to about 247 pounds. I'm now back down to 240. I have my first child being born in May and that has really motivated me to lose weight and get healthy because I don't want the health problems that will come with being overweight impacting the amount of time I get to spend with my daughter. I've been running 2 miles every other day for the past two weeks and did a very slow 5k yesterday 43:23.

This morning for the first time I read 3 figures before the decimal point. 100.1kg. For 1m73 that's a BMI of 32.3
I should aim for 75kg.
So there we go...

@bray144k slow and steady. I have found that road running is probably one of the most boring things ever. I have to do trail runs to keep up my interest but cant do that in the winter.

Do you live in a warmer part of the world that allows you to run year round?

@bray144k slow and steady. I have found that road running is probably one of the most boring things ever. I have to do trail runs to keep up my interest but cant do that in the winter.

Do you live in a warmer part of the world that allows you to run year round?

Road running in Utah. It's cold but we're having a record dry year. I just put a beanie and hoodie on and I'm good for temps in the 20's.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
think, "I'm going to clean up my eating a little and see where that takes me". When you're that heavy, you're really just not eating well, so small adjustments here and there make for a big impact later down the line.

Years ago, I switched to a ketogenic diet. I didn't change anything with my exercise regimen, but just stopped eating all those carbs ... and I couldn't believe how the weight just started sliding off ... easily down below the "lower limits" I thought I could only get to with extreme exercise and calorie reduction.

Maybe keto works for you and maybe not. But some version of "eating healthy" is going to do a lot to get you headed in the right direction.

I’m starting HMR Weight Loss today. It’s a medically supervised diet where they provide all the food. You provide the liquids such as water, coffee tea. No liquid with any calories in it such as juices. They gave me an exception for my Metamucil. It has sugar in it.

Starting weight on their official scale 287.5 pounds.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I’m starting HMR Weight Loss today. It’s a medically supervised diet where they provide all the food. You provide the liquids such as water, coffee tea. No liquid with any calories in it such as juices. They gave me an exception for my Metamucil. It has sugar in it.

Starting weight on their official scale 287.5 pounds.
You will knock it out of the park.
Before you know it you will be running the bleachers during the Red River Shootout.

Started a new week today to get me on their schedule. In 4 days I lost 2.5 pounds. I wish I could say that I feel better, but I don’t. I’ve been having bouts of dizziness, foggy thinking and balance issues. My blood pressure tanked Friday morning at 90/60. The nurse at HMR is concerned about my blood sugar. I came home today and after no food for 3 hours it was 107. But I felt better too. At any rate, I now have to take blood sugar readings four times a day.

Started a new week today to get me on their schedule. In 4 days I lost 2.5 pounds. I wish I could say that I feel better, but I don’t. I’ve been having bouts of dizziness, foggy thinking and balance issues. My blood pressure tanked Friday morning at 90/60. The nurse at HMR is concerned about my blood sugar. I came home today and after no food for 3 hours it was 107. But I felt better too. At any rate, I now have to take blood sugar readings four times a day.
Success!

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
That funky feeling goes away. It just takes a while for your body to get used to the change.
I like to keep my sugar between 70-100.
It took time for my body to “accept” that as normal.
Just keep on keeping on and remember the change won’t happen overnight.
Poco a poco vamos a llegar.

That funky feeling goes away. It just takes a while for your body to get used to the change.
I like to keep my sugar between 70-100.
It took time for my body to “accept” that as normal.
Just keep on keeping on and remember the change won’t happen overnight.
Poco a poco vamos a llegar.
Blood sugar was 154 before eating. I was a little wobbly, which is not new for me. I don’t think it has anything to do with the reduced calories and reduced carbs. I think something else is going on. Doctors have been chasing this issue for many months. But, it’s like when you take your car to the mechanic, I feel fine every time I set foot in a doctor’s office.

I got my own glucose monitor yesterday. My reading was 120 last night and this morning it’s 166.

But I had a bad night. While I was asleep I went to the store and started opening snack chip bags and eating a few from each bag. At least in my dreams.

I have lost a total of about 120 lbs in about a little over a year. I went the surgery route to do it, have not regretted doing it one bit.

Larry

7C0A723B-0EFB-47D6-92C0-67D697B995A8.jpeg

Top Bottom