What's new

Badger & Blade Weight Loss Thread

Totally agree with you here but I think we underestimate the number of people nowadays who can't really gauge their physiological response to foods anymore, whether it's messed up hormones, eating disorders, social pressure, whatever...

That said I think one of the most profound changes I've made over the years is what you said, conscious eating (I call it mindful eating)-- just sitting down and focusing on breathing, enjoying each bite, TV off, phone off. I guarantee anyone who has struggled with portion size like myself will feel "full" after a much more reasonable amount of food. I could eat a literal pound of cheese (seriously) if I'm in front of the TV while eating it but this is impossible if I'm sitting down and eating consciously.

That's very true. I can be a mindless eater, as well. I try and rationalize it with my training but in the end all it really is is overeating lol. I've had to stay at work for a project and although we have a kitchen, I'll eat decent maybe half the time and order something the other half and never anything good lately. There's an amazing pizza place called Nickys that sells the closest thing to NY style pizza and I've eaten three large ones this week, along with garlic knots and about ten total of those amazing cannolis lol. I went through a three pound bag of mixed berries one night I was "eating clean".

Stress is a huge issue, as well, and we all are living in a pretty stressful time. We will subconsciously replace one thing we enjoyed doing before with food, or at least people with addictions like me do. I'm pretty good, in general, but I can really go off the rails.

I concur with the mindless eating, it’s so easy to set down in front of the tv, Netflix whatever and just keep pouring in the food. It has taken me a really long time to finally realize that I can not only get by with less food, I never really realized how many calories I was eating or what I was eating I just ate and over the years the weight just ticked up and finally after all these years I have it going the other way.

I don’t have what I would call dramatic results but I am down almost 48# in 7 months, had a small setback during a short vacation but am now back on track to be down another 17# by Christmas ....my Dr advised slow and steady wins the race

That's very true. I can be a mindless eater, as well. I try and rationalize it with my training but in the end all it really is is overeating lol.

Maybe but in your case looks like you have the muscle mass to help curb too much excess 😂

I don’t have what I would call dramatic results but I am down almost 48# in 7 months, had a small setback during a short vacation but am now back on track to be down another 17# by Christmas ....my Dr advised slow and steady wins the race

That's awesome, almost 50lb is huge 👍 Congrats!

Screenshot_20200809-074508_Wyze.jpg

Doctor said I was fat and had to lose weight, high blood sugar, high blood pressure etc. For me it was all about cutting out the non-stop eating when I got home from work until 9pm at night, and using an elliptical for 35+ minute sessions 5-6 times per week. I didn't keep a chart at the beginning but I remember the heaviest our scale reported. I'm 158-159 now, first couple times I was this low I did not feel good, feel better this time.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 13
This week I averaged 7:14 sleep but it's still not enough. Weight is still about the same but I've been more active lately.
Screenshot_20200816-090351_Wyze.jpg

I'm now down 45 lbs since March, down 8 lbs since reporting in last month. I'm really loving how my clothes are fitting better and how I've been feeling better about myself. Each weekly weigh in feels like an accomplishment and I actually kind of look forward to them.

Currently around 200 but I'm sure my goals are different than most here. Legs getting lean but need more inner sweep. A little more size, that's all. Inb4 “I see something else that needs more size"

Notice the Stirling products lol

2570.jpeg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Last Thanksgiving 5'10" and 195.
Wife joined Noom, and I have tagged along.
155. Probably try to stabilize somewhere between here and 150. Exercise is 3 miles a day, walking the flats and downhills and running the uphills. Plus plenty of yard work.

Down two pounds this week, sleep is down to 7:11 average. Exercise is up now that it's not so hot - we've been going for bike rides.

Time to get back at it. 186.8 today. Down 3 pounds since Monday. I would like to get to the 170-175 range. It makes the hills easier to pedal up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve reached 295 pounds,which would be okay if I was about 10’ tall. Needless to say it’s not okay.

I will be signing up for the HMR Weight Loss program at my Cardiologist’s office. I’ve head a lot of good things out of the program and nothing negative. I’m bookmarking this thread so I can post how it goes.

Get that weight down, bud... 295 is no way to live life. Take control of your health. If you need anything, please message me. Within the span of about three years, I ballooned up to a 320lb alcoholic, whittled down to 147 and have now regained back to a muscular 205; just turned 36 and feel half that (OK, most of the time).

Don't let the amount of weight hang over you. Don't think, "wow, I have 100-150lbs to lose". Instead, think, "I'm going to clean up my eating a little and see where that takes me". When you're that heavy, you're really just not eating well, so small adjustments here and there make for a big impact later down the line. Teach yourself better food choices and work on progressively decreasing calories, little by little. When you lose that first ten or twenty pounds, which will come easily, it'll be huge motivation to lose the rest and feel even better

Get that weight down, bud... 295 is no way to live life. Take control of your health. If you need anything, please message me. Within the span of about three years, I ballooned up to a 320lb alcoholic, whittled down to 147 and have now regained back to a muscular 205; just turned 36 and feel half that (OK, most of the time).

Don't let the amount of weight hang over you. Don't think, "wow, I have 100-150lbs to lose". Instead, think, "I'm going to clean up my eating a little and see where that takes me". When you're that heavy, you're really just not eating well, so small adjustments here and there make for a big impact later down the line. Teach yourself better food choices and work on progressively decreasing calories, little by little. When you lose that first ten or twenty pounds, which will come easily, it'll be huge motivation to lose the rest and feel even better
The HMR program teaches you how to make good food choices. It also limits what foods you can choose by restricting you to the food they supply. You buy nothing from the store.

A good part of my weight is a restricted active life due to back problems and a hip injury. I just completed a round of physical therapy and pain treatments for my back. Those two combined have me feeling better than I have for years. I’m hoping they will allow me to get back to walking. I used to walk an hour a day before the pain curtailed it.

I’ve lost as much as 85 pounds before, and I know I can loose that and more again.

Top Bottom