What's new

Badger & Blade Weight Loss Thread

Jun 2015: 198 lb
Sep 30, 2019: 148 lb.

Whole Food Plant-based diet.

About 78% carbs (mostly starch), 8% fat, 12% protein

January 2018: 320lbs
A few months ago: 147lbs; body fat was very low and I felt miserable.
Yesterday: 180lbs, 190 fully carb loaded;
still fully visible set of abs.

Getting stronger and leaner by the day, but I'm not dipping below 10% body fat again.
Great score!
I lost 40 pounds in a month before. Went from 225 to 185.
It was calorie counting, plain and simple and planner for meal prepping. No special diets. No particularly heavy exercise. I just watched what I ate.

Last edited:
Great score!
I lost 40 pounds in a month before. Went from 225 to 185.
It was calorie counting, plain and simple and planner for meal prepping. No special diets. No particularly heavy exercise. I just watched what I ate.

The first hundred or so came off pretty effortlessly. The last fifty was a real grind.

223.7 this morning. Starting a new IF protocol today 18:6. I was really busy for the past two weeks with work and other activities. I'm motivated to get back on track.

Doing a body recomp, so not overly concerned about weight right now, but I'm sitting at about 190 right now. Again, down from 320.

Attachments

• 20191102_082645.jpg
    20191102_082645.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
222 This morning. I've been focused but am not seeing much weight loss. Not sure what I need to change or if I just need to keep on the path.

Strict IF 5 days a week. More relaxed on the weekends. Meal Prep for lunch. I probably need to rein in my weekend eating.

Strict IF 5 days a week. More relaxed on the weekends. Meal Prep for lunch. I probably need to rein in my weekend eating.

Yes, the calories can get away from you when you decide it's a 'free' day. For some, having those extra calories, depending on what they are, will definitely inhibit their goals down the road and they really need to cut them out almost completely.

Most people don't wanna hear that, though. They think they can go right back to eating the way they were before they lost all the weight. Sorry, I'm ranting about nothing, this isn't directed at you!

Cyclical dieting does work, and for those purposes, I recommend the readings of Lyle McDonald. Perhaps the rudest person on the internet, but also one of the brightest minds in the health and fitness industry. The Guide to Flexible Dieting comes to mind; its basically a way of sticking to your diet for several days a week, but making room for life, as it were.

Top Bottom