What's new

Badger & Blade Weight Loss Thread

Hello Friends,

I thought that this would be a good way to journal, support, and have accountability for our weight loss goals. I'll start.

Beginning Weight in April: 245
Weight this morning: 225.5
Goal Weight: 205 by end of 2019

Loosely intermittent fasting, and tracking in myfitnesspal sometimes. I am going to make a more dedicated effort to tracking in myfitnesspal.

I usually fail badly in these threads but here goes:

Start 228
Goal 200 by year end

Low carb, more exercise, C25K

I'm not sure which one to click.

Lol both! Healthy snacks to get rid of the weight!

I’m currently 210ish. Was up to 225 when the year started. I haven’t been working out but just walking more and watching what I’m eating. I want to be down to 180 again eventually. I’ll settle for 200 by the years end for now though.

Jan, 2019: 253.4 lbs.
Today: 231.7 lbs.
Progress: 21.7 lbs.

Goal is to get to 224, so 7.7 more pounds to go.

I am following a low carb diet of 20% of calories from carbs (net carbs!), Keto would be 5%. I use the myfitnesspal app and use the same username if you want to connect there.

Used to be 300 lbs now around 215-225.
I am good at losing weight and THE MAIN THING is do not get off it. Never take a break until you reach a time frame.

I set a time frame to end like vacation or currently next Saturday 1st football game. Something to REALLY look forward to.
Simple (well not maybe) plan is 2 things 20,000 steps a day and eat under 2,000 calories a day. DO IT and you will lose weight!! DO NOT take a day off never ever never ever never till you are done.
Good luck.
Of one important thing do not tell your wife that is all you have to do. WOMEN body are different in the way they lose weight. Much harder for them.

Oh current started 232.0 on 7/8 now 218.2. Will end 8/30.

Used to be 300 lbs now around 215-225.
I am good at losing weight and THE MAIN THING is do not get off it. Never take a break until you reach a time frame.

I set a time frame to end like vacation or currently next Saturday 1st football game. Something to REALLY look forward to.
Simple (well not maybe) plan is 2 things 20,000 steps a day and eat under 2,000 calories a day. DO IT and you will lose weight!! DO NOT take a day off never ever never ever never till you are done.
Good luck.
Of one important thing do not tell your wife that is all you have to do. WOMEN body are different in the way they lose weight. Much harder for them.

Oh current started 232.0 on 7/8 now 218.2. Will end 8/30.

Yes walking everyday is critical and keeping the calories (and carbs for me!) down.

Weight today: 222.8
-22.2 lbs overall

Read The 4-Hour Body this weekend. Giving the slow-carb diet a shot over the next 3 weeks to a month. I will be moving this weekend. Hopefully the work of moving offsets the crap I'll probably end up eating.

Weight today: 222.8
-22.2 lbs overall

Read The 4-Hour Body this weekend. Giving the slow-carb diet a shot over the next 3 weeks to a month. I will be moving this weekend. Hopefully the work of moving offsets the crap I'll probably end up eating.
You got it bray. About 1/2 way keet us posted. Weekly would be great.
YOU CAN DO IT

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
335# this time last year. Currently 260#. I'm finally at a weight at which I'm able to run again, so ≈220# by year's end is not unreasonable.

Exercise is key for me, as it promotes a general sense of well-being, and acts to suppress my appetite. Love them endorphins!

Mentally, I focus on what I'm achieving, not what I am giving up.

And lest I sound glib, it took me several long years to get started. At 72, I don't have all that many years to waste to at least give myself a chance at a reasonably vigorous life in my eighties.

Whatever your goal, go for it!

335# this time last year. Currently 260#. I'm finally at a weight at which I'm able to run again, so ≈220# by year's end is not unreasonable.

Exercise is key for me, as it promotes a general sense of well-being, and acts to suppress my appetite. Love them endorphins!

Mentally, I focus on what I'm achieving, not what I am giving up.

And lest I sound glib, it took me several long years to get started. At 72, I don't have all that many years to waste to at least give myself a chance at a reasonably vigorous life in my eighties.

Whatever your goal, go for it!

Wow awesome progress already! I'm sure you'll be at 220 in no time!

Weighed in at a little over 225 today. Struggling big time with diet, as I'm moving in 3 days. Hope to minimize the impact of this week and get back on track with diet next week.

April 2018 I was 215. I lost 30 in about 6 months and have been bouncing between 185 and 190 for most of the last year. I would like to get down to 165, but I'm not in a hurry to get there.

I'm not even trying, but...
Four years ago I peaked at about 195 pounds.
Two years ago I was 180 pounds.
Doctor added Jardiance to my prescriptions, then switched it to Invokana (for A1C levels), and I lost another 5 pounds or so.
Today I was 169.4 (a new low), and I'll probably drop a few more because of second-hand effects of SWMBO going on a Keto diet.

Timely seeing this. I am (was?) a cyclist, but have really been slacking off in my riding this year. I have put on a few pounds of fat and lost some muscle. I decided about a month ago to start getting back in shape. I have been riding a little, but mostly being sure to up my daily walking and improve my diet. I have gone mostly vegetarian, with a bit of eggs and cheese. Cut down on carbs. A lot of this has been beer, which I have cut out all during the week (Mon-Thur).

July 28th - 198.6
Today - 193.6 (weighed as low as 193 last week, but let the diet slip a little later in the week)

January 2018: 320lbs
A few months ago: 147lbs; body fat was very low and I felt miserable.
Yesterday: 180lbs, 190 fully carb loaded;
still fully visible set of abs.

Getting stronger and leaner by the day, but I'm not dipping below 10% body fat again.

January 2018: 320lbs
A few months ago: 147lbs; body fat was very low and I felt miserable.
Yesterday: 180lbs, 190 fully carb loaded;
still fully visible set of abs.

Getting stronger and leaner by the day, but I'm not dipping below 10% body fat again.

That's an amazing transformation. Congratulations!

Top Bottom