What's new

Badger & Blade Weight Loss Thread

Just another reason why Badger and Blade is a great place to be. I’m going to seriously make another effort to visit this thread daily and journal in MyFitnessPal. Dec 2010 - 220.0. Today 224.8. Two hundred would be nice even though it is still obese for me. If I only had to check weight after a bbs shave I would be safe from the scale. Thanks Blade and Badger for being there.

I've found this thread to be a nice accountability check. When I know I haven't been doing the things I need to do, I can remember there's a group of guys here hoping that I succeed. Thanks, B&B.

I've found this thread to be a nice accountability check. When I know I haven't been doing the things I need to do, I can remember there's a group of guys here hoping that I succeed. Thanks, B&B.
And thanks for your post. Put a fire under me.

My hat is off to you all for working to improve. Keep trying. There is no miracle pill or 1 diet and exercise plan that works well for all. Keep trying until you find the one that works for you, and in the mean time, know you are benefitting yourself by just attempting. That sets you above the multitudes who are not. Success is just around the corner. YOU GOT THIS!

I hope everyone else is keeping on their journey to health. I'm back on track with healthier food choices and back on my bicycle (both commute and fitness rides) several days per week. Weighed in at 192 even on Friday. Today's weigh in was 188.4. The goal is to keep in the 170-175 range. I've always felt best around that weight.

I've been doing DDP Yoga for a couple of months. The goal is to do it every night, but I don't always. I had great success the first month. My starting weight was 383, and within a month I was down to 367 (my goal is 280). Now I'm back up to 369.

The hardest part for me has been consistency (doing it at least 5 times a week) and modifying my diet. I'm still eating like I've always eaten. I have to change that, but it's really damn hard.

I lost the few pounds I gained over Xmas and am working on losing more. Would like to go from current 190 to ~ 175 as I always felt better there. Always work out at least 3X/week, but I want to make that 5-6. Except for a recent golf getaway, I have been eating better. No alcohol since Super Bowl Sunday either which probably helps.

I'm going to consider, as I started weighing in again last Friday, that Friday will be my official weigh in day. Up .2 to 188.6 today (from yesterday), but down 3.4 from last Friday's 192. A few short bike rides, 10,000+ steps per day, but I attribute it more to diet.

I've been doing DDP Yoga for a couple of months. The goal is to do it every night, but I don't always. I had great success the first month. My starting weight was 383, and within a month I was down to 367 (my goal is 280). Now I'm back up to 369.

The hardest part for me has been consistency (doing it at least 5 times a week) and modifying my diet. I'm still eating like I've always eaten. I have to change that, but it's really damn hard.
It sure is damn hard and I’ve been a yo yo on weight and fitness all my life. The effort and lifestyle changes are worth it for me. Lowering my weight has always led to a feeling of better health and fitness. Now I’m in my seventies and with health problems it is even more difficult but achievable. We both have to do it, I should knock off forty but I’m shooting for Twenty. Keep coming back here we can support each other on our road to success.

Friday weigh in: 187.8. Down .8 for the week. 4.2 since the original weekend two weeks ago. I cut out beer (mostly) the first week. I think that helped with the big drop week one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a few Doctors visits over the past 6 months and lots of my numbers were out of range and I have really packed it over over the last few years so it was time to do something so I got on a jumpstart program for 30 days then followed a pretty strict Keto style diet with intermittent fast 16/8 under a Dr‘s care and my numbers are all pretty much back in a normal range and I have dropped 22 lbs in two months and still have another 40 to go but I am determined to get it off as even with the 22 lbs gone I feel so much better and some weeks loss was better than others but I have averaged 2.75 lbs a week loss and my Dr is pretty pleased

Last edited:
I'm just starting out on a weight loss journey. My goal is to lose 60 lbs by the end of the year. My glucose has been a bit high as well as my blood pressure though it hasn't reached a level where my Doctor wants to treat it. I'm hoping my weight loss will bring me back to normal levels or nearer to normal levels.

I haven't been taking care of myself. I eat like I'm still in my 20's but I haven't seen my 20's for decades. Pop/soda has been a weakness and I've been drinking it almost daily. Too much candy too. Simple carbs are another thing I need to work on. I got an app on my phone and have been tracking what I've been eating and that has helped a LOT. I'm only 4 days in so we'll see how it goes. I'm motivated so I hope to stick with it.

Top Bottom