What's new

Badger & Blade Tea Pass

I have acquired the package and...wow..what abundance lie within! :eek:
Thanks for the fantastic start to this pass Steve. I hardly know where to start. The only slight problem is that the pu in the boxes came out of the wrappers and out of the boxes into the main box. I am going to put them in plastic bags and label them for further transport. Here are some pics of the abundance.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Thanks for taking some pictures. I opted for getting the box on the way vice taking some pics before packing it up. Enjoy!

:001_tt1: I'm way down the list here. This is going to try my patience now that I've seen what's in it to start with. :drool:

I'm excited to see this. I've tried most of what's in the box already but I can't wait to see what P_K puts in :w00t:

I hope to be in on a second pass of this as the collection grows :biggrin:

The box is on the move! Thanks again to Steve for providing so many quality samples and getting this started. There are now 29 teas in the box. I would suggest to those who are next buy some snack size ziplock bags as it will be tough to try that many in the time allotted. You can measure out the amount you would normally use and put them in the bags for later use. That way you can try as many samples as you want and drink them at your leisure.

I likely will only try a few before passing it on :)

For the record, I'm considering adding a bit of HouDe's Liu Bao and maybe some oolong since sheng and shu seem to be well represented.

Dear sweet baby Jesus there is a lot of tea in this box!

I only had time to open it so far but I'll post more data as I inventory it. I may also replace the box as it seems to have taken a beating on it's way to me.

Dear sweet baby Jesus there is a lot of tea in this box!

I only had time to open it so far but I'll post more data as I inventory it. I may also replace the box as it seems to have taken a beating on it's way to me.

Wow, that was quick!
Can't wait to see/hear what P_K added to the box.
BTW, it is not to late for additional folks to sign up for the tea pass.

As it arrived to me, the contents of the box included in addition to the original contents:

08 Royal Grade Shu
80's Menghai Grade 9 loose ripe (can't wait to try this!)
07 Old Banzhang ripe
08 Wuyi Qi Lan oolong
08 White Peony
08 Oriental Beauty oolong
08 Bao Zhang oolong
08 CNNP Bulang Mountain sheng
05 Yin Zhen Bing Cha sheng
07 Chaingtai 7538 sheng
07 Menghai Chen Yun sheng
03 CNNP Yiwu Zheng Shan sheng

I won't be finishing any of the teas. I have so very many teas I want to try!! I'm considering doing half size sessions so I can try two in a day :biggrin:

Last edited:
Nice additions to the box, P_K. And here I thought that the Puer_King was a puer kind of guy. Nice diversity!

Last edited:
Nice additions to the box, P_K. And here I thought that the Puer_King was a puer kind of guy. Nice diversity!

Thanks. Yeah I had some other duds that I didn't want to inflict on anyone else. My pu coffers are not as deep as yours however! :tongue:

The seventh tea in that list should be 08 Bao Zhong oolong. Sorry about the sloppy writing.

For future reference:

That loose royal grade shu is from Awazon - ebay
The Qi Lan oolong is from Yum Tea (formerly next door tea house) ebay
The Bao Zhong and Bai Hao (Oriental Beauty) are both from zen8tea - ebay
The 80s loose shu is courtesy of Sp1key

Last edited:
I can see that will have a hard time finding something different to add to the box when it gets to me. My biggest problem is that I'm almost out of puerh entirely. But I have some others from a local tea house that I think will be interesting.

I think finding room in the box may be the biggest problem! :lol:

Seriously. The box is a rectangle roughly 7 X 5 X 14 and it has about 3 of those 14 inches of depth that isn't tea already. What a wonderful problem to have.

So when the box reaches the end of list do we start at the top again?

Last edited:
Top Bottom