What's new

Badger & Blade Shaving Acronyms

I'm an educated man and have written and read academic and professional reports and research, which tend to be pretty dry. But trying to slog through his KNOWLEDGE BASE RMWS Forum
Wet Shaving Systematics:
A Primer on RMWS
Hydrolast FAQ
Cutting Forms

makes me want to :behead: :death: :hang: the guy!

He's an perfect example of a HORRIBLE :9898: writer who truly believes he writes well. Excessive use of flowery and unnecessary adjectives and made-up pseudo-intellectual words and concepts that complicate what is actually a straight-forward process.

Then you’ll like this thread. I add that I personally have no opinion about Charles Robert, as I’ve neither met him nor dealt with his products. Though I tend to agree he overuses techno-babbling.

I should separate the man from the writing. Sounds like he's a harmless fellow who has a passion for wet shaving and who is doing his best to share his knowledge in his own oblique way.

No doubt he's forgotten more about the subject than I'll ever know.

Mano --

I think the guy's harmless too. But I also think he's trying to establish himself as some sort of high-priest of wet-shaving and has invented all these mysterious terms and made-up words that only he as high-priest can define and explain. Understand, that only his explainations and definitions are official. He has simply created his own dogma, and neither you or anyone else is going to be admitted into the inner circle of secret knowledge. He'll just make up new words and terms and secrets as he goes along to retain his priesthood. <shrug> What a maroon... (bugs bunny, 1947)

I wish him well in his priesthood and hope that he has a nice life. I embrace the good folks and practices here at B&B and just don't need another life mystery where no mystery exists.

-- John Gehman, doesn't smoke cigars in the shave den.

Mano --

-- John Gehman, doesn't smoke cigars in the shave den.

...but you DO smoke cigars and that counts for something!

Don't know if you recall, but you got me my Masterpiece humidor some time ago. IIRC, you were living in the Detroit area?

Thanks, I'm still using it at full capacity.

I've got one for you:

GIUTTGROSOTCATTDWIIGAYKWIMIAAW - Guys, I'm unsticking this to get rid of some of the clutter at the top. Don't worry, it isn't going away...... You'll know what I mean in about a week.

:wink:

Excessive use of flowery and unnecessary adjectives and made-up pseudo-intellectual words and concepts that complicate what is actually a straight-forward process.
Personally, I think too many people get caught up with the man and not the message. That's one reason I created a video on method shaving (with more in the works) for my YouTube channel...with Charles' full support and approval, by the way. :cool:

--Mark

I've got one for you:

GIUTTGROSOTCATTDWIIGAYKWIMIAAW - Guys, I'm unsticking this to get rid of some of the clutter at the top. Don't worry, it isn't going away...... You'll know what I mean in about a week.

:wink:

I was about to comment on volume of stickies here, glad to see you are on top of it.

I'm starting to see this more and more, and it's not in this list, or on the Wiki page.

What's RNB? Usually see it when referencing aftershave balm or something similar?

Top Bottom