What's new

Badger & Blade Decant Club May 2006 Poll

What Fragrance Would You Like To See Decanted?

• 1805 by Truefitt & Hill

• Cedar Acca Kappa

• Endymion by Penhaligon's

• Freshman by Truefitt & Hill

• Vetiver by Guerlain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Greetings Gents,

Please choose a fragrance you would like to see decanted.

Comments welcome and encourged.

The Mods.

woodbane said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, can we vote for more than one? If so, how do you do it?
Greetings,

Not a stupid question at all. I felt is was best for everyone to choose a single favorite of the group. I realize this is a detour from past polls but it's purpose is for us to see the dominant favorite(s). It also helps me see how many members are participating.

Alright, I know I've got my big pointy 'D' hat on.........

View attachment 623

......but here goes anyway:

I've placed my one vote, but will there be just the one decant available or are you going to order the top 2/3/4 scents?

Good question. I'll be ordering multiple fragrances. This program is still in its infancy. Experimentation is needed to allow it to come to full fruition.

One more friendly word of warning to some fellas who may have just joined - and have not heard this bit in the past :tongue: - you may wish to pick a cologne that would be good for summer... for instance while Penhaligons Endymion is a fine EDT (I have a bottle) it is awful strong/formal stuff that would not be well suited for summer/warm weather/casual wear. Just a little FYI - as since we have a few more months of summer left - we may wish to focus as much as possible on "summer" like scents - or else what the hell are we goign to decant in the winter :biggrin: Seriously though - vote for what you want, as always, but be forewarned... when you blast yourself with a spray of this stuff from an atomizer - it is a whole hell of a lot more potent than a small sample vial... nice stuff though.

joel said:
One more friendly word of warning to some fellas who may have just joined - and have not heard this bit in the past :tongue: - you may wish to pick a cologne that would be good for summer... for instance while Penhaligons Endymion is a fine EDT (I have a bottle) it is awful strong/formal stuff that would not be well suited for summer/warm weather/casual wear. Just a little FYI - as since we have a few more months of summer left - we may wish to focus as much as possible on "summer" like scents - or else what the hell are we goign to decant in the winter :biggrin: Seriously though - vote for what you want, as always, but be forewarned... when you blast yourself with a spray of this stuff from an atomizer - it is a whole hell of a lot more potent than a small sample vial... nice stuff though.
Joel makes an excellent point based on his experience. A prime example was the Castile decant. I did not care for it in the middle of our WI winter. Joel told me it would be a vastly different cologne in the warmer months. Now, in warmer weather, it's an incredible fragrance.

Knize Ten on the other hand is one of my favorite fragrances but now that the cold weather has passed I can't tolerate a full spray of it. I have to spray it in the air and walk through.

The decant club isn't going anywhere so take advantage of the summer fragrances knowing the more formal fragrances will still be available this fall.

Of course you guys have the final say - the fragrances with the most tallies are the ones that will be offered.

Rik said:
The decant club isn't going anywhere so take advantage of the summer fragrances knowing the more formal fragrances will still be available this fall.

Hear, hear! Seeing as the whole point of the club is that we can essentially look to the greater buying power of the group it makes perfect sense to actually be seasonal with our choices of cologne.

If you can only wear them at certain times of year (well, I know you can wear them anytime, but you know what I mean), it seems silly not to obtain colognes that are good for wearing right now!

Just think, if you participate in the club on a monthly basis, at an average cost of $20 month, then you get to try TWELVE new colognes, seasonally picked for a fantastic price! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Top Bottom