What's new

Badger & Blade Decant Club April 2006 Poll

Which Three Colognes Would You Like To See Offered In Decants?

• #74 Victorian limes by Taylors

• 1805 by Truefitt & Hill

• Acqua di Parma by Acqua di Parma

• Endymion by Penhaligon's

• Knize Ten by Knize

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Gents,

For this decant the fragrances that received four or more nominations are those that are being considered. The remaining may be offered at a later date.

Please choose three of the five remaining candidates that you would be interested in. Submissions with greater than three selections will be discarded.

Comments welcome and encourged.

The Mods.

For what it's worth for those of you who haven't voted, I'd like to point out that spring and summer are rolling around, so you might want to pick accordingly. Although I picked Knize, both Knize and Endymion are very powerful fragarances that are not well suited for the summer. Although they are superb (and although I want a decant of Knize bad) the other three options are something more suitable for day to day wear/enjoyment in the summer. I have the endymion, and although it is superb, I reserve it for "special occasions" that require me to dress up, as it is (in my opinion) a very strong/serious fragarance.

Just a friendly heads up for those of you who haven't sniffed all the scents! :thumbup1:

Joel makes an excellent point. I was not impressed with Castile when I initially wore it in colder weather. Now with the warmer weather, I am really enjoying it.

Kyle said:
What kind of staying power does #74 have?
Not certain, however the "word on the street" is that it is about the "top of the top" as far as longevity for a limes cologne.

I agree we should have an eye on summer when making our selections, but longevity is what I really fear about Limes cologne. I have a sample of the T&H West Indian Limes and, no word of a lie, it lasts maybe two hours on me. I chose Acqua di Parma with summer in mind as I have heard it has decent staying power. Anyone know if this is true?

I also chose Knize Ten and Endymion. I realize they are not typically summer fragrances, but I know these samples will last me for some time; definitely long after summer is gone.

water said:
I agree we should have an eye on summer when making our selections, but longevity is what I really fear about Limes cologne. I have a sample of the T&H West Indian Limes and, no word of a lie, it lasts maybe two hours on me. I chose Acqua di Parma with summer in mind as I have heard it has decent staying power. Anyone know if this is true?

I also chose Knize Ten and Endymion. I realize they are not typically summer fragrances, but I know these samples will last me for some time; definitely long after summer is gone.

Acqua has decent staying power... but remember one VERY important thing, your body's chemistry will radically change a colognes lasting power. For some a cologne will last all day, and for others, that SAME cologne will last only a few hours. For the most part, it is impossible to give concrete "lasting power" quotes, UNLESS it is an incredibly powerful scent, that will overpower the body's natural chemistry with brute force. Key example = AOS Sandalwood. I don't care who you are, or what you do, that scent will last ALL day.... hell you have to SCRUB it off the next morning, and even then there is still a slight trace of it.

With that said - again it is my opinion that Endymion and Knize are unsuitable for summer wear (depending on where you live) but here in California, even at night, they are just too damn strong. I have a bottle of Endymion, and have sampled Nicks bottle of Knize Ten several times - and both of them pack one hell of a whallop.

Keep one thing in mind... while the decants WILL last you way past summer, and you can certainly wait until summer passes to use them, the decant club is a monthly thing (provided Rik has the time each month) - and seeing as how in just 1 month we'll be in the same place, deciding which fragarances to decant - it would probably be easiest to pick what is most appropriate for the season, as it would be a damn shame to have a bunch of citrusy/limey/light colognes in the winter, and a barrage of dark, damp, smokey, leathery, woodsy colognes in the summer!

With that said - I still want a decant of Knize Ten badly :wink: :wink:

acoldspoon said:
If we'd only be interested in one of the EDT's that made the list, should we still vote for three?
Good question! Only vote for those you are interested in. Three is the maximum.

Greetings Gents

The following colognes have been ordered and will be offered for April's decant:

#74 Victorian Lime By Taylor
Acqua di Parma by Acqua di Parma
Knize Ten by Knize

I will post the available quantities in the next day or so.

Greetings Gents,

This month's decants are going fast - 21 bottles spoken for in the last 24 hours! If you are interestested in one of these fragrances, don't delay contacting me via PM.

Greetings Gents,

To date I have received everything except the Acqua di Parma which I've been informed has been shipped. I will begin decanting this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom