What's new

Badger and Synthetic Mix??

Is anyone aware of where I might get a badger and synthetic mix knot? I've looked and looked and had no luck finding one. Does such a thing even exist??

Appreciate any info/leads on this

Thanks in advance and enjoy those shaves

Is anyone aware of where I might get a badger and synthetic mix knot? I've looked and looked and had no luck finding one. Does such a thing even exist??

Appreciate any info/leads on this

Thanks in advance and enjoy those shaves
Vulfix no.10 is a badger/bristle combo.
Kent used to make one that was a 50/50 blend.

Vulfix no.10 is a badger/bristle combo.
Kent used to make one that was a 50/50 blend.
Those are badger/boar combination brushes. I don't think there is a natural hair/synthetic hair combination brush being made right now.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

I have badger, boar, horsehair, and synthetic brushes. I have never seen the point in a badger/boar mix. I am not sure what you achieve in a mixed brush that cannot be achieved in another way.

I believe Rich Man Shaving has badger and synthetic knot called the INNOVATOR, if I'm not mistaken. He has a page on Etsy and he makes shaving videos on Youtube.

by RichManShaving

The “Innovator” seems to be a modified/rebranded Frank Shaving handle with a significant markup. Buyer beware.

7E5C94D7-B21B-423D-B751-D7240D8A17F2.jpeg
7237C249-EDA8-4A4A-9683-1FD36322C5DF.jpeg

Not really all that innovative sticking your name on something you did make and doubling the price. Should call that one the swindler.

The “Innovator” seems to be a modified/rebranded Frank Shaving handle with a significant markup. Buyer beware.

View attachment 987825 View attachment 987826
It may look like a similar design but I don't know if you can call it a rebranded Frank Shaving. The material and design does change and is not the same every time. He also has a history of handmade brushes sold with good reviews for each. That said, it can be true that he sells modified rebranded brushes but don't jump to conclusion.

Rich does indeed buy the same handle that Frank Shaving uses. He will occasionally put additional lines in the top or even paint them. The hand turned handles are decent quality (I have an S1 Innovator that he turned). When he first came out with the knot, it was a lot more affordable. Now the prices have skyrocketed.

Rich does indeed buy the same handle that Frank Shaving uses. He will occasionally put additional lines in the top or even paint them. The hand turned handles are decent quality (I have an S1 Innovator that he turned). When he first came out with the knot, it was a lot more affordable. Now the prices have skyrocketed.
That makes sense. I guess those tough grip Camo's are painted.

Just to clarify, I'm not supporting Rich's business. I just remember him saying that his innovator knot was badger and synthetic mix so that's why I posted it here (maybe my memory's a bit off). But looking at the price of the brushes, I probably won't be buying any of them. Tread at your own risk, knowing all these information.

Top Bottom