What's new

B&B LE Group buy Badger and Blade 2021 LE Pipe : Alden Pipes

Mine arrived. Number 21.

20211026_173201.jpg

Nice shot @Price! You may have the only full set around here. I'm missing the first one, and not too many of the guys that bought the first year pipe hang out around here any more so chances of picking one up to complete the set are pretty thin. Beautiful to see them all together.
Ive seen one on eBay once. I didn't win it.

May not be many full sets around, but I'm sure that's not the only one. There are probably at least one or two of the old timers who don't post much, but still check in periodically.
That would be a fun little project, hunting down all the B&B LEs. And each would have a story.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Ive seen one on eBay once. I didn't win it.
Was that the 2019? I saw Pipestud had one offered a while back. I thought about emailing him to find out if he would tell me who was selling. I keep an eye out for Tinsky and Larrysson pipes as well hoping I may find one.

Was there a pipe sock included? I tore into my box pretty quick and did not even check before throwing it away, I was so excited.

No, I apologize, and it wasn't any sort of planning but rather a lack thereof.

As I was finishing them all up and printing labels, I realized I had nowhere near enough pipe socks on hand. I typically sew them in big batches that take several days to finish, and I didn't want to delay the pipes any more than they already were.

My pipe socks aren't anything special really, just Flannel with a drawstring, no Name or Logo.

If anyone would like a pipe sock however, for the sake of completeness or if you prefer to keep them in the bag, I'm happy to mail one as soon as they are finished (which may be several weeks from now).

Just send me an email titled Pipe Sock to [email protected] and I'm happy to send one along. I still have the addresses, so just let me know you'd like one and I'll mail it out as soon as they're finished.

I should have mentioned that sooner, but I'm afraid I lost a good bit of my cognitive ability from staying up literally all night working the last few weeks hahaha

I was stamping the Year on these pipes at about 5 am, and suddenly 2021 didn't sound right for some reason. For about 2 minutes I was freaking out wondering if I had just stamped the wrong year on 19 pipes lol

"I was stamping the Year on these pipes at about 5 am, and suddenly 2021 didn't sound right for some reason. For about 2 minutes I was freaking out wondering if I had just stamped the wrong year on 19 pipes lol"

Man, isn't it how that goes sometimes. In the midst of something rote, the universe takes a shift and suddenly, nothing seems quite right. It's akin to the old game of repeating a word enough times that it no longer makes sense. If my pipe is stamped wonky, I'll consider it a bonus.

I too am happy without a sick. I am having a Pavlovian response just having this pipe in my possession. I may have to take it out for a test drive before the herfs. It is a gorgeous pipe. And that stem is to die for.

Well done @Alden Pipes for such a wonderful pipe. And thank you Micah for putting this together this year.

Sorry I've been insanely busy since wrapping these pipes up, and hadn't checked back in here. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the pipes ! I finished one of the pipes that was rejected for a flaw and kept it for myself. I had my first smokes from it this weekend at the Texas Pipe Show. I really enjoyed the way it smoked. Such a lightweight, slim, easygoing and easy smoking pipe, and not a slacker in the looks department. It's a winner in my book !
I did notice, on my pipe at least, that the stem wasn't quite as tight a fit as I'd like but after smoking it a few times, the fit was much better. One trick for a tenon that's a tad loose is to put just a drop of water in the mortise and let it sit for a few minutes to swell the wood a bit. If anyone else has any issue with the fit of the stem, please feel free to drop me an email !

Top Bottom