What's new

B&B LE Group buy Badger and Blade 2021 LE Pipe : Alden Pipes

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Remember gents, over in the stock exchange, if you guess the correct number of LE pipes this year, you could win nothing!

It’s a tradition!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hirsute

Saw paneled billiard and I was hesitant then I saw the pics and am excited! I'd have ordered it anyways [emoji1787]

How am I the first to ask @Hirsute how old that tin of Escudo in the proofs is? [emoji16]

I can’t take credit there—that’s al Ryan.

But I wonder if I can find something suitable in the cellar for the break-in herf???

Hirsute

That stummel to stem transition is pretty wicked too. Lots of small details needed to pull off this shape. Much more than I previously thought regarding this shape.

That’s part of what I love about this shape. It’s deceptively simple, but requires such an attention to detail to pull off all of the subtle aspects of the shape to make it look right. When Ryan does it, it’s mastery.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Saw paneled billiard and I was hesitant then I saw the pics and am excited! I'd have ordered it anyways 🤣

I was in the same boat. Before seeing this pipe, had you mentioned "square paneled billiard" to me, I'd have said "no thanks". But seeing this pipe, it is exquisite, and I look forward to smoking it very much! Frankly, most of the LEs I've had to grow into to fully appreciate them. They have all been exceptional pipes, but their artistic styles are usually not something I would have normally picked out myself, but each has won me over once in the hand.

I was in the same boat. Before seeing this pipe, had you mentioned "square paneled billiard" to me, I'd have said "no thanks". But seeing this pipe, it is exquisite, and I look forward to smoking it very much! Frankly, most of the LEs I've had to grow into to fully appreciate them. They have all been exceptional pipes, but their artistic styles are usually not something I would have normally picked out myself, but each has won me over once in the hand.
I'm right there with you. I read "panel" "billiard" and my guy reaction was "pass". But that's a real gem looking pipe. This will be my first panel as well as my first billiard. And only my third sandblasted.

I have it marked December 2003. Not sure how much older the tin is, but at least that old !
Screenshot_20210511-175454_Samsung Internet.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That stummel to stem transition is pretty wicked too. Lots of small details needed to pull off this shape. Much more than I previously thought regarding this shape.
This is my opinion, but with squared off transitions between stummel and stem, it seems like a lot of precise work has to be done. Round seems a bit easier. With triangular (like my 50th BDay Larrysson) or square, if you don’t do it right it shows quickly. One degree off will mess it up. I’ve had some that didn’t do it right. This one looks like it has it dead on.

Top Bottom