What's new

INFO! Badger and Blade 2020 LE Pipe : Askwith Pipes

Glad to see pipes are starting to appear with a bit more regularity now.

For those wondering, yes I can still make extra stems but they wouldn't have the discount since the efficiencies of batch production are gone now. They aren't crazy expensive, but not cheap either.

Glad to see pipes are starting to appear with a bit more regularity now.

For those wondering, yes I can still make extra stems but they wouldn't have the discount since the efficiencies of batch production are gone now. They aren't crazy expensive, but not cheap either.
I figured as much. I’m disappointed I didn’t just do it earlier. But I will probably have to in the future! This pipe is awesome. I’m very happy with it and your stem options are awesome. Thanks again for your excellent craftsmanship @caskwith and good job designing the pipe @Kentos

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Number 2 is finally here. The proportions, style, balance, and craftsmanship are all stunning. Beautiful work, @caskwith ! Solid job on commissioning this years LE, @Kentos .

20200725_090539.jpg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
My pipes finally in the state, will probably be delivered tomorrow...unfortunately I'm now on vacation and won't get it until August 1. Good things come to those who wait...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My pipe has finally arrived and I want to thank @caskwith for wrapping it so well. The box looked like it had been ran over by a tank several times followed up by being hit with a baseball bat. Fortunately the pipe had so much bubble wrap that number 29 showed up in perfect condition and it looks amazing.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was tempted to get that stem color.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
My pipe has finally arrived and I want to thank @caskwith for wrapping it so well. The box looked like it had been ran over by a tank several times followed up by being hit with a baseball bat. Fortunately the pipe had so much bubble wrap that number 29 showed up in perfect condition and it looks amazing.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wow that stem looks outstanding. Bold choice that really turned out...very nice.

I'll add a couple of things to Chris's "care and feeding of morta pipes". I'll echo his comment that morta can get hot quicker than briar--like surprisingly hot if you overdo it--but it also cools down much quicker than briar, so if this happens, don't keep puffing away. Just park the pipe for 5 minutes and it'll be nice and cool when you pick it back up.

Also, for whatever reason, a new morta pipe almost always tastes bad to me for the first couple of smokes. I don't know why and that's not a universal experience. But, it always goes away after a couple of smokes for me. So, if you get your new pipe and it tastes a bit off for the first couple of smokes, don't sweat it! I love my morta pipes, I love my Askwith pipes, I love my Askwith morta pipes, and I know this one is going to be awesome!

Think I understand your comment about how morta doesn’t taste good the first couple of smokes. I broke it in with 6 year old escudo and it wasn’t as good as it usually is. But on the positive side, everything else about the pipe was superb. I think it will end up being one of my favorite smokers.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Think I understand your comment about how morta doesn’t taste good the first couple of smokes. I broke it in with 6 year old escudo and it wasn’t as good as it usually is. But on the positive side, everything else about the pipe was superb. I think it will end up being one of my favorite smokers.

My first couple smokes will be a non-Latakia that I have a lot of- probably MacBaren HH Burley Flake. Once you get past the first few bowls, mortas are very neutral smokers.

Top Bottom