What's new

INFO! Badger and Blade 2020 LE Pipe : Askwith Pipes

As I understand for this transaction, there were two possible Paypal charges. One is the goods and services and the other was due to the seller being in another country. I figured Chris was a stand up guy given he is willing to do this for our group and sent the payment as friends and family. I could not, however, figure out how to avoid the fee for him being out of the country. I guess Paypal has to make a profit too...

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Yeah, I don't recall having to do this when we got the Paul Hubbert/Larryson pipe. I did the friend thing as I didn't want to cut into Chris's profit. I assumed that the $4.95 was a new thing for currency exchange, maybe because of the change from Euros to pounds sterling since then with Brexit? Who knows.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The security of paying by Paypal is a comfort to the buyer and, therefore, a marketing expense for the seller. (Just like accepting Amex . . . these jackwagons think they provide some sort of service charging quite a bit more for credit card processing than any other card provider.)

In this case we are dealing with a well known and respected pipe maker who depends on his reputation to make a living. I'm sure most of us would agree that we don't need to burden Chris with any extra expense.
That’s why it is good that it has been brought up, so no one makes Chris pay that fee. I am not bringing it up to say he isn’t reputable, I am bringing it up so that people who rarely use PP don’t accidentally saddle Chris with the expense.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Honestly I was contemplating it. Think i’m torn between the 2 (teal/aqua) and 16 (the purple rainbow).

Decisions decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it would look pretty nice but wouldn’t match my “style”.

Quick update. If you ordered #6 Lapis blue and have not had a deposit request from me please don't panic. I have not got enough #6 to fill all the orders currently but it will be going on my stock order so I hope to be able to get that. I will not ask for a deposit on those until I have the stock in hand.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
One thing to note when using PayPal, if selecting "Friends and Family", it doesn't give you the option to pay over time, so if paying in full, or when you pay off the balance, your bank will be debited immediately. I suspect that if you select the "goods and services", you'd have the option to pay over time or not. Not advising either way, just don't want anyone to be surprised (like I was).

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Any word on stem colo
First seven of the 21 day window down. 2 more weeks left Gents. Any fence sitters need some moral support to make the leap :).
I'm just waiting for Chris to give the go ahead for my stem color choice and I'm in! Super excited for this one!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Any word on stem colo

I'm just waiting for Chris to give the go ahead for my stem color choice and I'm in! Super excited for this one!

If you haven’t got an invoice yet, it’s because he is still awaiting stock replenishment on certain colors. Being the cool dude Chris wants everyone to get their first choice so he is attempting to order more vs. asking for a second color choice. Things could change of course so we shall see.
I think it’s guys who chose #4. Like myself lol.

Bottom line you won’t get an invoice until he can confirm 100% your stem color, though it is my understanding by emailing him an order your place in line is saved, as well as corresponding pipe#.

Top Bottom