What's new

INFO! Badger and Blade 2020 LE Pipe : Askwith Pipes

Good news everyone!

New stock has finally arrived. I appear to have everything I ordered which means as things stand everyone gets their first choice of stem. Will be sending out deposit requests soon for those who have been waiting.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Everyone who has requested a pipe should have had a request for a deposit now.
If you have not had contact from me, please post here. I am pretty certain everyone I contacted last week or before has paid their deposits so thank you very much for that.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Got my email today and deposit sent boys! Can't wait, thanks again Chris for working to get everyone their stem!

tenor.gif

As part of making a big batch of pipes it is essential that efficiencies are made wherever possible, this is partly how a saving is made and passed on to you chaps.
Thought you might enjoy a picture of one of those small improvements that make the job faster and better. On the prototype pipe the step was turned "manually" and then carefully sanded and polished. This was far too slow for mass production so I spent some time grinding a custom tool bit that would cut the shoulder, the face and a rounded profile at the transition. One setup all I need to do is swap out the stem blanks and it will cut the same size every time. The tool is razor sharp which dramatically cuts down how long it takes to sand and polish each stem. Here is a picture of a test run on a scrap.

IMG_20200603_100639.jpg

Top Bottom