What's new

INFO! Badger and Blade 2020 LE Pipe : Askwith Pipes

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
The proof pipe weighs 45g but please don't rely on that too much, morta can vary in weight even more so than briar, some pipes could be over 50, some only in the 30's.
That's interesting...a much wider range then I expected. Morta is cool stuff.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Will you explain what exactly a stepped stem is? Is it just extra length on the tenon? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
See how the stem doesn't meet flush with the shank? There is a gap there...as this is an Askwith (UK made) pipe we might be better off saying "mind the gap" ;)

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Will you explain what exactly a stepped stem is? Is it just extra length on the tenon? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I guess having a longer tenon would prevent the stem form touching the the stummel so it would look like a stepped stem. So in that sense yes. However in this pipe it is a design choice, and the stepped portion is carved into the stem. If it was just the tenon being longer you would see the skinny piece in the gap, and it would look not so nice.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
It would look like this early mock up if it were just a longer tenon
75CACEB6-7E81-4C44-8651-5BF131B44069.png

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Welcome aboard, Chris. Last night I was reading the “about me” section and saw that you knew Paul- that told me that you probably a good guy. I will ask two questions that are commonly asked. First- can I pay the pipe off prior to completion date? Also, what is the projected completion date (understanding that there is sometimes thing that happen in life)?
I’ve received no email nor answers to my questions. Makes me worry a bit.

I’ve received no email nor answers to my questions. Makes me worry a bit.

So far the only people who have received emails have been those who asked a question in their order email. No deposits have been taken yet as wanted to get the bulk of the orders in so I can start measuring up stem stock, ordering more if necessary or speaking to people about alternative choices.
You are down for a #7 stem as resquested in your email.

I am afraid I missed your question here about payment. Yes if you prefer to pay it all up front that is fine with me as long as Kent is happy too.

OK update.

Those who picked any colour except #4 should have received an email from me. I have set aside a piece of stem stock for them and am ready to take a deposit.

Those who have not decided on a colour or have asked a question about colours, check your email, I am waiting for a response. If you have not had an email, check your junk and maybe email me again as yours might have gone into my junk folder too.

Those who chose #4, please don't panic. I am out of stock currently, I have spoken to my supplier who have told me it shouldn't be a problem to get some though. I am not going to ask for your deposit until I actually have it in my hands. We still have a couple of weeks of ordering to go and I am now low on some other colours so will be waiting before placing my order.

Cheers.

Top Bottom