What's new

Bad wife advice

Buddy and I went shooting and on the way out of the range, he saw himself a new toy he just had to have.

When we got back to his place, his newly minted wife looked at us with our “we got a new toy” smiles and asked, “What have you boys been up to?” I was kind of surprised when buddy just blurted out he’d just got a new handgun knowing they weren’t flush at the time. When his wife expressed her shock, buddy simply quipped as he walked out of the room she was in, “Well, if you only learned to love yourself as much as I love myself, you’d reward yourself from time to time.”

I BS you not. He said it like it was no big thing. I made my excuses before she could amass the full totality of the war department as already described, and got home as fast as possible...

That was about ten years ago. They are doing much better now. He’s making bank, she’s a stay at home mom. Every now and then he’ll complain to me about how she’s spending “his” cash on this and that. I don’t ask anymore - I understand she just tells him she’s loving on herself and he should just mind his business!

God - it still makes me laugh!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Buddy and I went shooting and on the way out of the range, he saw himself a new toy he just had to have.

When we got back to his place, his newly minted wife looked at us with our “we got a new toy” smiles and asked, “What have you boys been up to?” I was kind of surprised when buddy just blurted out he’d just got a new handgun knowing they weren’t flush at the time. When his wife expressed her shock, buddy simply quipped as he walked out of the room she was in, “Well, if you only learned to love yourself as much as I love myself, you’d reward yourself from time to time.”

I BS you not. He said it like it was no big thing. I made my excuses before she could amass the full totality of the war department as already described, and got home as fast as possible...

That was about ten years ago. They are doing much better now. He’s making bank, she’s a stay at home mom. Every now and then he’ll complain to me about how she’s spending “his” cash on this and that. I don’t ask anymore - I understand she just tells him she’s loving on herself and he should just mind his business!

God - it still makes me laugh!
That woman is a genius.

Any advice I offer is received as bad advice. Good advice that I offer is when I want the opposite. Usually works.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
We could be related!

Now it sounds like your wife is related to my lovely War Department!

proxy.php

It's not advice but when we're about to get into an argument I will say something like , mumbled, but barely loud enough for her to hear..." going in country after charlie...."

I asked her why she put that face cream on at night and she said “cuz it tightens things up”. I then gave my advice “why don’t you sit in it then?”

Top Bottom