What's new

Bad weekend.....not.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I made a mistake yesterday. I shot both a Chiappa Rhino 30DS and a Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp. I shot .357 out of both.

The Rhino is ugly as hell but shoots like a dream, almost no recoil. The trigger is a bit funky in da though.

The Ruger is a lot heavier so recoil is not much more. The Wiley Clapp is a beautiful pistol. Very smooth trigger in da.

I will buy one, for the life of me I can’t decide.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I made a mistake yesterday. I shot both a Chiappa Rhino 30DS and a Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp. I shot .357 out of both.

The Rhino is ugly as hell but shoots like a dream, almost no recoil. The trigger is a bit funky in da though.

The Ruger is a lot heavier so recoil is not much more. The Wiley Clapp is a beautiful pistol. Very smooth trigger in da.

I will buy both, since for the life of me I can’t decide.

fyp. :)

OkieStubble

You were right about the GP100 Rob, it is a sweet shooter

And you can change out the grip panels to some pretty sweet looking stuff. I need to get a pic up of my grip panels. They look something like this.

016.jpg

OkieStubble

You were right about the GP100 Rob, it is a sweet shooter

Worst thing about a Ruger is, it ain't no Colt trigger fo sho, not even a S&W trigger. But the good thing about revolver triggers is, any competent gunsmith worth his salt can smooth up and lighten a revolvers trigger.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

I will buy one, for the life of me I can’t decide.

It's up to you to decide what you want. Chiappa is too ugly for me and the Ruger is too heavy. If it's between those two I guess flip a coin. The Ruger is a proven one.

I'm sure you have shot S&W ones. I haven't even seen a new Colt. The three inch King Cobra looks good. I'd like to get an S&W Model 13.

Now that's a combat revolver!

Yawn.

The Wiley Clapp Talo things are a marketing gimmick. The "finger" sculpted grips, combat sights, etc. There was a Clapp Talo Colt .45 Commander put out a few years ago that was similar in the modifications. I'm not that impressed with "fad" custom features. If I want to customize it I'll do it myself.

And they forgot to Mag-na-port it.

Just my opinion. To each their own.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Yawn.

The Wiley Clapp Talo things are a marketing gimmick. The "finger" sculpted grips, combat sights, etc. There was a Clapp Talo Colt .45 Commander put out a few years ago that was similar in the modifications. I'm not that impressed with "fad" custom features. If I want to customize it I'll do it myself.

And they forgot to Mag-na-port it.

Just my opinion. To each their own.

I like it. :)

Ruger is much better looking..... Great customer service too. I have never even heard of the Rhino. Interesting design though.

Worst thing about a Ruger is, it ain't no Colt trigger fo sho, not even a S&W trigger. But the good thing about revolver triggers is, any competent gunsmith worth his salt can smooth up and lighten a revolvers trigger.
I had an SR9 that I thought had a very heavy trigger. I put a ghost trigger in it and helped it out. Was my first "gun smithing" job on a semi auto pistol. Not as complicated as 1 might think.

oops just seen you said revolver, post irrelevant

OkieStubble

I had an SR9 that I thought had a very heavy trigger. I put a ghost trigger in it and helped it out. Was my first "gun smithing" job on a semi auto pistol. Not as complicated as 1 might think.

oops just seen you said revolver, post irrelevant

Never. Had an SR9? What happened to it?

Top Bottom