What's new

Bad shave today

Today I learned that the canned goo can never compare to quality soap. I'm traveling and didn't have a convenient way to bring my soap in bowl. I settled for a shaving gel as a base and used Nivea shave cream. It was not a forgiving shave to say the least. Def the worst that I have had in my few weeks of de shaving. Worst part is it isn't very smooth either. I avoided a clean up pass to save some skin. I've learned my lesson. From now on, my regular shave soap will travel every where that I do before shaving is even considered. are there any shave bowls that anyone knows of made for traveling? Maybe with a screw on lid or something?

I recommend face lathering and a soap stick. I find this much the most convenient way to shave on the move - Mama Bear does some nice ones but there are plenty of alternatives out there.

I actually lathered in a styrofoam coffee cup that was in my last hotel room for the little lame coffee machine. My little puck of soap sat in the cup about 2/3 of the way down, and I still had room to make a little lather in the cup that I could transfer to my face.

I'm sure a coffee mug could work too - you should be able to rustle one of those up from housekeeping/room service.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Hmmm. I've always gotten pretty good shaves from Nivea. This is the stuff that goes on clear and doesn't lather, right? I prep with Noxzema, which has always worked for me.

Bill
BOTOC

I've got a gel that doesn't foam that I put on first. The Nivea is a foaming gel that I used. I think my problem might have been that I didn't keep the lather wet enough during the shave. Thanks to Damon here on B&B I have a TOBS stick coming. Hopefully that will make my traveling shaves more enjoyable. I'll also try the noxzema. I hadn't thought of that. May try and find some decent soap or cream today too.

Top Bottom