What's new

Bad Blade in my Enoch?

I have been very impressed with my Classic Shaving Enoch AC razor. I get smooth, close shaves with no fuss and no irritation. Recently I took it with me on a trip for nearly two weeks, and in the middle of the trip after putting in a new Proline blade I started getting very rough shaves. Since the one drawback to this razor is that blade loading is "fiddly", I just assumed that I did not have the blade seated properly on the (much too shallow) pins. But even after adjusting it to make sure it was properly situated, and then adjusting it again, and then finally turning the blade over I could not get a good shave with this blade. After two days of playing with this blade and not knowing what else to do, I put in a new blade. Clearly I should have done this two days sooner. It was back to wonderfully smooth and close shaves.

While I have occasionally had a bad DE blade, I have never had this problem with an AC blade before. The previous blade and next blade in the dispenser were fine. Has anyone else had this happen? Is one brand of AC blades more reliable in terms of QC than the others? I've mostly used Feather Pro's and have never had this happen before.

I've used Schick Proline blades for well over 2 years, pretty exclusively, and never had a bad blade.

Of all the DE blades I've used since 2014, I've never had a bad one of those either.

I've used Schick Proline blades for well over 2 years, pretty exclusively, and never had a bad blade.

Of all the DE blades I've used since 2014, I've never had a bad one of those either.
I've only had a couple of bad DE blades in nearly 50 years of DE shaving, (and I don't remember which ones they were), so I agree with your basic premise that bad blades are an unlikely cause of rough shaves. OTOH, I can't think of what else it could be.

Top Bottom