What's new

Bad bad shaves with Treet DuraSharp

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I've used Treet DuraSharp a few years ago, and they just left an impression of very mild, really not so sharp blades. I used to use them in aggressive razors, and they were okay. I even proposed them to others in order to "tame" aggressive razors. Well, I decided to get back to them now and had two horrible shaves. They were ROUGH and CUT ME. No more Treet Durasharp on my list. Threw away the 200 I had to the garbage bin. Thankfully they are cheap as dirt. But anyhow, I'm :mad5:.

I've used Treet DuraSharp a few years ago, and they just left an impression of very mild, really not so sharp blades. I used to use them in aggressive razors, and they were okay. I even proposed them to others in order to "tame" aggressive razors. Well, I decided to get back to them now and had two horrible shaves. They were ROUGH and CUT ME. No more Treet Durasharp on my list. Threw away the 200 I had to the garbage bin. Thankfully they are cheap as dirt. But anyhow, I'm :mad5:.

Treet Durasharps (well the Yellow ones anyway, no idea about the Blues) are Carbon Steel, they could have degraded in that time.

I personally find them to be a good razor but very sensitive to being paired with the right razor. Delightfully smooth in some, but can be a bit nasty in another.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Treet Durasharps (well the Yellow ones anyway, no idea about the Blues) are Carbon Steel, they could have degraded in that time.

I personally find them to be a good razor but very sensitive to being paired with the right razor. Delightfully smooth in some, but can be a bit nasty in another.

Perhaps. Everything is possible. I don't remember them being nasty, but then again I used different razors back in those days.

I find it interesting how different the blades work for each of us.
For me the Treet durasharp (blue tuck ) was really, really good.
I also like the Treet 7-days & the Treet classic a lot.
Treet falcon and black beauty worked ok, but the Treet platinum was a disaster.
Yep, have a nice weekend everyone!

Many years ago in my Gillette Slim I found the Yellow label Treet Durasharps to be a lovely blade*. My main issue was that being carbon, and me being lazy and not wanting to take the blade out of my razor every day they started discoloring after about 3 shaves and they stained my Slim once.

* I find many 'milder' blades to be perfectly OK on my whiskers so take my opinion on these blades with that in mind.

Great comment! (Especially as my experience is very similar.)

Some blades belong in the ‘bottom tier.’ :thumbdown:thumbdown

Great comment! (Especially as my experience is very similar.)

Some blades belong in the ‘bottom tier.’ :thumbdown:thumbdown
J, just had a DFS with one. Totally floored me as I was expecting to toss it after 5 secs. This was the blue package.

I have no experience with carbon blades but some folks that like them "cork" their carbon blades first. Too much trouble for me when I can grab one of many stainless steel blades that are sharp and smooth fresh from the wrapper.

I recently tried the Treet Super Stainless blade (orange and white packaging) and found them to be a smooth excellent shave. I got the Treet Super Stainless in a blade sampler and when I found them to be a good blade, I bought a 100 pack. Also, as far as the Treet Durasharp, I have those in my sampler, but when I bought the Platinum, I also got some Durasharps in a 100 pack. I guess I didn't carefully read the DuraSharp blade specs. I see that they are carbon steel. Do all carbon steel blades deteriorate over time even if they are still in the original packaging?

Also, are the Treet Platinum Super Stainless contain any carbon steel? Obviously, going by the name (Platinum Super Stainless), I was thinking not.

Korey

I recently tried the Treet Super Stainless blade (orange and white packaging) and found them to be a smooth excellent shave. I got the Treet Super Stainless in a blade sampler and when I found them to be a good blade, I bought a 100 pack. Also, as far as the Treet Durasharp, I have those in my sampler, but when I bought the Platinum, I also got some Durasharps in a 100 pack. I guess I didn't carefully read the DuraSharp blade specs. I see that they are carbon steel. Do all carbon steel blades deteriorate over time even if they are still in the original packaging?

Also, are the Treet Platinum Super Stainless contain any carbon steel? Obviously, going by the name (Platinum Super Stainless), I was thinking not.

Korey
They remind me of the GSB. Be careful of the Durasharp blue...she bites! Like a Feather on shave #2. Really.

Top Bottom