What's new

Bad 1st shave with Derbys? Try this....

The best results I've every had with Derbys is to first cork them and then throw them right into the garbage without shaving with them. That gives me the best result.

wow. I have some Gillete 7O'Cs yellow that have been sitting around and I hate -hate my first shaves with them. I thought it was odd until I read some users saying "second shave is better with this blade". I'll try this to see how it works out. thanks for the recommendation.

i have some derbys but honestly on my merkur classic they shave rather well on my skin. just let the razor weight carry. no issues on my end. (knock on wood)

The best results I've every had with Derbys is to first cork them and then throw them right into the garbage without shaving with them. That gives me the best result.

That is hilarious. Let me send you a couple more. Red wine corks would really scare the neighbours.

That one got me a few odd looks As I read this post and really did LOL. At least I wasn't drinking a soda, as I was yesterday and had it burn through my nose. :lol:

Palm stropping works for me, but I usually reach for a different blade. RP, Astra, Shark, Walmart Wilk, all as good or better, without the necessity of stropping first.

Not a big fan of Derby's, tried a while back, not impressed and I have no motivation to try them again. I prefer blades that come shave ready. Corking or stropping, to get our DE blades to shave right, hmmmm, too extreme for me. But then again, we all take our hobby to different extremes at times. I have my shaving rituals that others probably would find extreme too.

I have not had to do this to shave with a Derby, thankfully. If I did, I bet my shave budget would be blown up do to buying new jeans all the time. :wink2:

Top Bottom