What's new

Bacon...nature's perfect food

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Fried crispy. But let’s be honest...I’ll take it almost raw. I don’t care. Bacon is bacon.
I like it fried crispy so I can put it in the fridge and grab it as a snack over the rest of the day.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I like my bacon wrapped in bacon. Uncured mostly.

We raised and butchered a LOT of pork while I was growing up. I like most of it.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Can you give us boobs from the US some sense of what English breakfast sausages are as compared to the kind of sausages I am familiar with for breakfast
Prior to the UK lockdown I regularly visited Aberdeen in Scotland for work where the hotel breakfast included fried haggis. Here in Wales where I live you may find laverbread included, as well as Glamorgan Sausages which are meatless and composed of cheese, leeks, and breadcrumbs. As a child in Cornwall my Mother always served fried slices of Hog's Pudding, which is a spicy pork sausage containing suet and barley and is peculiar to Cornwall. To this day it is my favourite sausage and the smell or taste of it takes me back 40 years.

• Love
Reactions: Avi
My kids love bacon and so do I. We usually make it once a week as a treat on the weekend. Since we are sheltering in place I picked up two packages of ends and pieces bacon and froze one. The package is a few pounds of joy each. My 7 year old made me breakfast in bed today for my birthday.
063B5D3D-87A4-4567-973C-0519BC7C2963.jpeg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I reckon that if I eat enough of it, any cancer I get, will in turn get cancer, therefore killing off the cancer, and allowing me many more years of bacon. :clown:
Bacon is very healthy. Vegetable Oil is carcinogenic, inflammatory and oxidative. There are more nitrates in celery than bacon and a thousand times more in your saliva.

We make bacon here most every weekend and occasionally a batch during the week as well. We've taken to baking it rather than frying in a pan. Nice results, stays quite a bit "flatter" which makes it nice of use in various dishes.

Like Scarry Knight, we have lately taken to making something like "candied bacon" with a bit of brown sugar sprinkled over it part way through the cook. Can get a bit sticky but the salty/sweet is really a treat!

Top Bottom