What's new

Bacon beer hits the taps today

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I actually liked the Voodoo maple bacon. I split a 22oz bomber, and while I concede that a full bottle would have been too much, and I wouldn't drink it often I did like it.

See if you can find Rogue's Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon Ale. It's quite the experience.

I've long been a huge fan of the rauchbiers originating out of Bamberg, Germany, but the Voodoo Maple Bacon Beer was top notch, hands down the best smoked beer I've ever had. I have a bottle of Left Hand's Smoke Jumper smoked imperial porter, too, but haven't yet opened it. I'd LOVE to get my hands on a bottle of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana ale! Although, I tasted Terrapin's Liquid Bliss (chocolate and peanut butter ale) but didn't taste the peanuts. Despite their names, these beers aren't overly sweet, if at all, which makes them easily drinkable.

Just finished off the last couple of bottles of bacon porter I made last fall. Delicious! would love to try this one, wish I was getting up to Ottawa sometime soon.
Let us know how it is!

I had both of the Rouge beers mentioned above, this weekend. Interesting and fun, I think the maple bacon beer was the better of the two but I dont think I would purchase either of the two beers again. When I want maple and bacon I will stick to donuts from the nickle dinner.

$donut.jpg

Uh, this sounds pretty steep, would like to try some. Last week I had a pint of Thornbridge's St. Petersburg Imperial Stout. No pork related ingredients had been used in this beer, but it tasted like the whole thing would be made out of a charcoaled and roasted pork juices. Impossible to have a gulp, so I just sipped it for an hour or so.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/13029/27953

You've been warned.

Top Bottom