What's new

Back to the Progress

Insipired years ago by Mantic59 saying he used the Progress all the time, it was one of my first razors. I liked it. Like most on the forum I went exploring and my Progress just got pushed to the back of the group and left there. Recently I found it, remembered how good I thought it was and tried it again. It really is a very good razor. It will be back in my regular rotation. Anyone else have that expereince with the Progress, or any other early razor you liked but haven't used for a long time?

I put all of my razors in a rotation so each one gets used. However, every time I come back to my Mergress I am always pleased by the quality shave I get from it.

I always get a great shave with the Progress so it has to be used some time during the year. It makes a good team with the GSB or Astra SP.

I have 3 of them and they're fantastic! I used one exclusively from 2012 to 2016, until the Rockwell 6S took over.

Now my favorite razors are Rockwell 6S (6C for travel), Karve brass and the progress.

The very heavy head design and cutting angle of the progress and Rockwell make shaving effortless. I find I have to put a little more effort in with the Karve, even with the higher plate settings but the smoothness of the Karve is unbelievable.

Top Bottom